Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Master Mo said:
dry.gif

Seriously, that makes you look stupid.
rolleyes.gif
It's completely separate to the Game Boy line.
Why? For example when I don`t find it, because my brother used it I say: "Where did you put that gameboy?"
biggrin.gif

And to say, that the DS is a separate handheld-line (like Nintendo does, which IMO is bulls**t) would indicate, that the other line is still there and that Nintendo might return to it and therefor doesn`t want anybody to think that the DS is a gameboy. But I highly doubt, that Nintendo will ever return to such a "simple" formula for a handheld, like the gameboy was compared to the technical achievements of this time, which were included in the DS.

I still think they should have called the DS "GameBoy DS", because GameBoy was the brandname of their handhelds and the DS was nothing else. It was an evolution of the GameBoy in every way and if they would have knew that it would have such an impact on the consumer I`m pretty sure they would have went with their usual handheld-brandname, which obviously was gameboy for about 15 years!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gutentag said:
dinofan01 said:
it actually is surprising. the ds is now a brand name. You want those two letters in the name somewhere. 3ds was the perfect way to get nintendo's casual to see that a. its still the ds you love and b.theres now a twist so you should buy it to see it. Its perfect. Its still possible that the 3ds can be the name.
No. It's not.
Yes it can. Iwata said they would announce the formal name later. They can announce the formal name to be 3DS. This statement was just them saying were still not 100% sure on the title yet. Give us some time. Its called double speak.

Gutentag

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dinofan01 said:
Gutentag said:
dinofan01 said:
it actually is surprising. the ds is now a brand name. You want those two letters in the name somewhere. 3ds was the perfect way to get nintendo's casual to see that a. its still the ds you love and b.theres now a twist so you should buy it to see it. Its perfect. Its still possible that the 3ds can be the name.
No. It's not.
Yes it can. Iwata said they would announce the formal name later. They can announce the formal name to be 3DS. This statement was just them saying were still not 100% sure on the title yet. Give us some time. Its called double speak.
LMAO, then why didn't Iwata say "We're not 100% sure on the title yet, but we'll let you know"?

Iwata's words were: "[T]he announcement of the formal name will not be too far off."

Simple logic would tell you that the existence of a formal name would mean that the name "3DS" is an INFORMAL name.

All that is moot, anyways, as all their systems for the last 15 years have had a codename...or have you not noticed that there are no systems called Nitro, Reality, Atlantis, Dolphin, Revolution, etc.

Gutentag

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dinofan01 said:
Gutentag said:
Man you just dont get corporate business do you? Theres no point in trying to explain this to you. Not everything is as "simple" as you think it should be.
Right...I'M the one who doesn't get it.

Never mind the fact the press release for the fuckin thing even says (TEMP) next to the god damn name:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2010/100323e.pdf

Are you really this stupid, or are you just fucking with me?

P.S. In case you don't know, temp is short for TEMPORARY.

levis315

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
DeMoN said:
3DS sounded really good in my opinion. If the new name sucks, then I'll still refer to it as the 3DS from then on.
Well they changed "Revolution" to "Wii", so the chances of the new name being sucky are pretty high I'd say.

I agree it !

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
3DS sounded really good in my opinion. If the new name sucks, then I'll still refer to it as the 3DS from then on.
There were people like you...

They wanted to continue calling the Gamecube, Dolphin, and Wii, Revolution.

They must have gave up that struggle because I never hear people call those systems by those names anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.