Homebrew 3DS Homebrew System Transfer - URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Katsini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in an awful predicament with the system transfer function right now, if anyone can help it'd be much appreciated. I'll try explaining as best I can:

System 1 ( the source - with homebrew installed and originally containing all games and saves / and using SD1 ( SD1 carries all my digital games / homebrew applications - installed by CIA ) ) has been transferred to System 2 ( the target - without homebrew installed and the device I'd like to use SD2 on ( SD2 is empty ) ) by the in-settings System transfer action.

- As part of the transfer, System 2 now uses the SD Card from System 1 ( SD1 ) - System 2 holds all data from System 1 ( most of which is currently inaccessible for the lack of homebrew on System 2 ).
- System 1 is currently without its original SD Card and so cannot access any of the original homebrew applications / games without a further system transfer, which, currently, is not practical as both systems require a 7 day period grace before another system transfer can be performed ( even after, I'm not sure whether System 1 will still be able to access all data from the original SD Card ( SD1 ) )
- I am currently attempting to install homebrew on System 2, but as the SD Card in use by System 2 ( SD1 ) still contains all homebrew files from the original device, I'm now finding a number of duplicates in trying to put homebrew on - this so far has significantly complicated the process for me.
- Device 1 still has homebrew kept on it, but as mentioned, cannot use any of the applications once held as these are now kept on System 2

I find myself in a position where neither system is able to utilise homebrew properly ( System 1 does have homebrew working, but without the accompanying files from SD1 ( now in System 2 ), is not so massively helpful. Conversely, while System 2 does have the relevant files, having no homebrew leaves me unable to meaningfully access them ). SD2 is functionally redundant right now, not even holding the files from SD1 as I wanted it to.

Can anyone help? My object in this is to have System 1 using a formatted SD1 ( but still using homebrew ), and manage System 2 with SD2 ( using homebrew and storing all the data ( games + saves ) that was on SD1 ). I'm not so savvy with any of the technical processes in this ( my last homebrew install was over 2 years ago ), so if anyone is free to hold my hand through this, I'd be grateful beyond words - I'm struggling a lot and above all else I really must not lose the saves for games currently on SD1 - to restore everything back to System 1 and leave System 2 to a later date is also acceptable, just anything that allows me to use the originally held games with their respective saves is fine.

Thanks so much,
Xander

Katsini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The issue there is that because System 1 ( at this point in time ) cannot access my homebrew stuff on SD1, I'm not able to make a recent backup of saves, if I could restore everything back to System 1 that wouldn't be a problem, but as it stands, I can't. Any workarounds you can think of?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The issue there is that because System 1 ( at this point in time ) cannot access my homebrew stuff on SD1, I'm not able to make a recent backup of saves, if I could restore everything back to System 1 that wouldn't be a problem, but as it stands, I can't. Any workarounds you can think of?
That's what the default System Transfer does: transfer all the contents from the System 1 to the System 2 and then format the System 1, changing the encryption keys and unabling the use of its generated content (now will be only usable on System 2).

For that you want (as far I understand: duplicate the same content on both consoles) you should have made at least a NAND backup on the System 1 before to proceed with transfer, and once you made the transfer between both consoles then restore that System 1's NAND backup. But this itself implies/carries another problems (with NNID, lfsc_b, friend code, etc).

For now, you perharps have these alternatives to achieve that (check this post):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/transferring-all-data-from-one-cfw-3ds-to-another.571430/#post-9160324

PS: If I misunderstood your requirement, please forgive me, and wait for another answers

Katsini

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To go through with the tutorial 'Nintendo 3DS System Transfer Tutorial by sks316' should I think resolve most of my issues. I'm having a little difficulty installing homebrew to the target device though, as resulting from the system transfer, there are now two of the 32 character ID0s, one 21GB ( presumably holding all content from the previous console ), and the other 57.5MB. Which am I to proceed with? Thanks

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
To go through with the tutorial 'Nintendo 3DS System Transfer Tutorial by sks316' should I think resolve most of my issues. I'm having a little difficulty installing homebrew to the target device though, as resulting from the system transfer, there are now two of the 32 character ID0s, one 21GB ( presumably holding all content from the previous console ), and the other 57.5MB. Which am I to proceed with? Thanks
The first one (that folder with more size), because this is your actual system folder (after transfer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person