3ds help needed! Will not turn on, only blue light turns on for a second then off. Screens nothing.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ravenous, Jul 2, 2017.

1. ravenous
    OP

ravenous Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    I was using my system last night before bed with no issue. Today when I attempt to power my 3ds on (mind you it was fully charged when I closed the lid last night, I did not power it off and I did not have a game running in the background) The screens do not turn on and the blue light turns on for a second or less, then turns off. I thought maybe the battery had died. So when I attempt to charge the 3ds, the orange light comes on for about 10 seconds, then turns off. I searched all over the internet and can't find an answer to this specific issue. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it maybe time to replace the battery.

3. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Is it stock? Or does it have a cfw on it? If cfw, then what hax were you using to boot up the cfw? A9LH? B9S? Whatever exploit you are using, try updating your cfw.

I feel like you put in sleep mode and it updated...

Last edited by Biff627, Jul 2, 2017
  4. ravenous
    OP

ravenous Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 12, 2007
    United States
    I was thinking the same thing, hopefully it will be something simpler. But I may try this.Thank you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm not sure exactly which cfw method I used. I'm pretty new to this. I do know it was boot9strap following 3ds guide.