3ds hacking - currently on old firmware, safe to update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PikaRii, Feb 21, 2017.

1. PikaRii
    OP

PikaRii Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    TL;DR: 3DS firmware currently on 9.9.0-26u. I would like to install HBC and then update to 11.3 in order to use a New Leaf save editor. Will I have any issues in doing this?

About 2 years ago, I had a horrible flood that wiped out most of what I owned. When I rescued my 3DS, water literally came pouring out of it. After a week, it didn't turn on or show any signs of life. It sat, alone and dead, on a shelf.

On a whim, I tried charging it. I left it plugged in over night. Miraculously, the thing turns on and has 0 issues. I'm so gosh darn happy.

But it's also been 2 years since I last played AC and would like to restart, but really like my village. I wanna use a save editor, but apparently I need homebrew channel for 3ds. I'm currently on 9.9.0-26U. If I install HBC, can I then update to 11.3?

Thank you!

2. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    no, only if you install CFWm you can keep the homebrew launcher after updating.
    A good guide is this 3ds.guide

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'll correct myself, it depends of which entrypoint do you want to use

3. PikaRii
    OP

PikaRii Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Could you elaborate on "entrypoint"? I haven't looked at 3DS stuff in quite a while, so consider me pretty clueless. Sorry.

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Just follow the guide. Don't update until the guide tells you to - otherwise you will be locked out of CFW.

Zidapi and zoogie like this.