Not open for further replies.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DAMN THEM FOR GIVING ME OPTIONS.

Oh, wait.

I'd like to try the controls first before plunging for this. Ideally, somewhere down the line there will be a Red 3DS/MarioKart7/Steering Wheel bundle.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still waiting for the next revision nintendo you make me laugh, next they will have a tv antenna, super battery back, maybe 2 more screen attachments

gameboy-addons.jpg

Nintendos bringing back the old school days of peripherals
behold! the gameboytron!!!!

Reactions: 4 people

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I realize that Nintendo will disable 3D in GYRO mode, but they shouldn't. You CAN twist the system to a significant degree before the 3D distorts. It's the god damn truth. Try it.

Furthermore, the 3DS is tiny, I need bigger grips to properly wail out on Tetris Axis. I am now entirely for these ridiculous peripherals.

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope the peripheral just presses down on the L/R buttons instead of sending input data through infrared, so it doesn't need a separate battery like the slide pad add-on.

Tempted to get this if it doesn't require batteries.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo has officially mastered making the stupidest and most illogical peripherals.

Amen to that.

Seriously...another freaking pointless steering wheel. I thought these things went out of style years ago, and how the hell are you supposed to carry it with you....oh wait..YOU DON'T!

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I will wait for the deluxe version of this that comes with pedals and a gear stick.

That will be the ultimate portable Mario Kart driving simulator. :yaypsp:

I've always wanted some kind of set up that would let you have a rear view mirror. Like you're playing on your 3DS, and the super camera attachment extends well above your 3DS, and you can stare into it to see shell's coming from behind. Completely useless and arbitrary, but I'm waiting for the day it happens. Maybe in a multi screen setup for a PC title.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've always wanted some kind of set up that would let you have a rear view mirror. Like you're playing on your 3DS, and the super camera attachment extends well above your 3DS, and you can stare into it to see shell's coming from behind. Completely useless and arbitrary, but I'm waiting for the day it happens. Maybe in a multi screen setup for a PC title.

One of the planned features for PSP's remote play function was for the PSP to act as a rear view mirror for Gran Turismo HD and F1 Championship (it was announced by Sony), but they dropped the feature for some reason or other.

The WiiU might have that option, to use part of the tablet screen as a rear view mirror. Maybe.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can all cry "IT'S OPTIONAL" for every peripheral by Nintendo but it doesn't stop it from being completely unportable and absolutely hideous looking.
Seriously? Do you want us going around saying

"What? It is optional and it meant to help with the gaming experience? "
So what, this (insert Sony peripheral) makes the psv, that already at the edge of completely unportable, become unportable and absolutely hideous looking " " I'm glad I didn't have a psv "?

I doubt you sit there and agree.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Do you want us going around saying

"What? It is optional and it meant to help with the gaming experience? "
So what, this (insert Sony peripheral) makes the psv, that already at the edge of completely unportable, become unportable and absolutely hideous looking " " I'm glad I didn't have a psv "?

I doubt you sit there and agree.

Except I've seen people take the Vita out of their fucking pockets when it was shown off at E3 this year. It's not unportable. You want to try and fit a whole wheel in your pocket? Send me a video of it.

Reactions: 1 person

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can all cry "IT'S OPTIONAL" for every peripheral by Nintendo but it doesn't stop it from being completely unportable and absolutely hideous looking.
You do realize that just because something won't fit in your pocket doesn't make it "completely unportable," right? And calling it "absolutely hideous," is entirely subjective. Your blowing your personal opinion of this thing waaaaaayyyy out of proportion.

Edit: And once again, it's not made by Nintendo

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
So don't fucking buy it. Seriously, every Nintendo topic made, you feel it's your duty to come it and instantly hate whatever it's about. Not to mention, it's not even made by Nintendo. Just because the licensed it doesn't mean it's BY them. And yeah, it's "unportable," but I'm pretty sure if you're going to be on the go, you shouldn't be playing Mario Kart with the gyro controls anyways.

Also, why do you keep coming back to this topic just to share your hatred that you already said about multiple times already? You've done this in other topics to, and it's no surprise that you're either trying to raise your post count, or pointless trying to start a flame war. If you're not trying to do either of those, why don't you just stay out of Nintendo topics? Not even sure how someone as biased as you made it into Magazine Staff.

On-Topic: I could see people using this, such as those with big hands who get cramps easily, or who just want a better grip. It doesn't look bad aesthetically, and I might actually consider buying this, as it would be much better to hold/grip with the attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock