ROM Hack 3DS GBA VC Issues even after patch

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to boot 3DS custom GBA VC games. I am on a new 3DS Luma3DS emuNAND. I downloaded and patched the 0004013820000202 v4816. I then installed it using FBI. The new FBI auto selects the destination so I assume its correct. I then try to load Mother 3 GBA and it says an error has occured.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install Mother 3 to Sysnand as well as the AGB_FIRM patch. Then run it in Emunand and it should work.

Though try just installing Mother 3 to Sysnand first before the patch.

Last edited by Boured,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install Mother 3 to Sysnand as well as the AGB_FIRM patch. Then run it in Emunand and it should work.

Though try just installing Mother 3 to Sysnand first before the patch.

sheesh there isnt a way to do this without installing a fake cia on my sysNAND? Just a little spooked by that tbh

If I brick my sysNAND I am screwed. I dont use ALH9 or whatever it is called. There is absolutely no way to load it by doing stuff only in emuNAND?

Last edited by Emeraldman94,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am unable to boot 3DS custom GBA VC games. I am on a new 3DS Luma3DS emuNAND. I downloaded and patched the 0004013820000202 v4816. I then installed it using FBI. The new FBI auto selects the destination so I assume its correct. I then try to load Mother 3 GBA and it says an error has occured.
If you have luma3ds, you don't need to patch the agb firm... Please restore the original agb firm.
Indeed you have to install the gba cia to the sysnand (impossible to do a fake gba cia, because the 3ds will reboot to the sysnand in all cases)

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have luma3ds, you don't need to patch the agb firm... Please restore the original agb firm.
Indeed you have to install the gba cia to the sysnand.

Well with the original it did not work either. But I never installed the game to both the sysNAND and emuNAND. I really do not want to mess with my sysNAND

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Indeed you have to install the gba cia to the sysnand (impossible to do a fake gba cia, because the 3ds will reboot to the sysnand in all cases)

Well I am doing a mother 3 GBA cia I downloaded online. It obviously does not exist as a real .cia . So I just cannot play it? I have seen other people play it

Last edited by Emeraldman94,

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well with the original it did not work either. But I never installed the game to both the sysNAND and emuNAND. I really do not want to mess with my sysNAND

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I am doing a mother 3 GBA cia I downloaded online. It obviously does not exist as a real .cia . So I just cannot play it? I have seen other people play it
If your NANDS are unlinked, you need to Install the CIA on both Sysnand and Emunand for it to boot in emunand. Don't ask me why cause I have no idea :3

Also it won't brick your system, at most it will just give you the same error message on boot.

Last edited by Boured,

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your NANDS are unlinked, you need to Install the CIA on both Sysnand and Emunand for it to boot in emunand. Don't ask me why cause I have no idea :3

Also it won't brick your system, at most it will just give you the same error message on boot.

On boot of what? the game or the sysNAND. I just rememeber from the wii sometimes you could softbrick your system due to installing a bad wad. I dont want anything like that

Boured

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On boot of what? the game or the sysNAND. I just rememeber from the wii sometimes you could softbrick your system due to installing a bad wad. I dont want anything like that
If it doesn't work, it will say an error has occured when you launch Mother 3. If that happens you can just uninstall it, no brick will happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is