Hacking 3DS Game Updating and r4i gold 3DS Deluxe?

AmuletCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions I need to clarify about the 3DS:

I recently bought a 4.4 3DS, totally by chance, I got it from a small electronics shop because it was cheaper than retail, why does this happen after gateway has 9.2 support, cries.

I want to buy a Gateway or r4i 3DS Deluxe, and these are my questions:

1. If I buy a game (like Pokemon Omega Sapphire) which requires 7.~ something firmware, and my current one is 4.4, will it force me to update to 7.~ or the latest firmware? I'm asking this because I don't intend to download all games, I need a flashcard to play Japanese games (cuz region lock)

2. Exactly what games is the r4i 3DS compatible with right now? I tried searching around google but anything I can find is from 2013/early 2014. Can it play the games with the special save format like Pokemon and Animal Crossing?

The price for the r4i is so attractive, I want to know just what games is it compatible with, and if it can support online playing on say, Animal Crossing...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have a few questions I need to clarify about the 3DS:

I recently bought a 4.4 3DS, totally by chance, I got it from a small electronics shop because it was cheaper than retail, why does this happen after gateway has 9.2 support, cries.

I want to buy a Gateway or r4i 3DS Deluxe, and these are my questions:

1. If I buy a game (like Pokemon Omega Sapphire) which requires 7.~ something firmware, and my current one is 4.4, will it force me to update to 7.~ or the latest firmware? I'm asking this because I don't intend to download all games, I need a flashcard to play Japanese games (cuz region lock)

2. Exactly what games is the r4i 3DS compatible with right now? I tried searching around google but anything I can find is from 2013/early 2014. Can it play the games with the special save format like Pokemon and Animal Crossing?

The price for the r4i is so attractive, I want to know just what games is it compatible with, and if it can support online playing on say, Animal Crossing...
R4i is just a cheap clone of gateway...but lacking a lot of features, basically
no 7.x encrypted content such as any newer games like smash bros,
no card2/nand saving support meaning no pokemon/animal crossing
no dev menu/cia support meaning no title updates if you need to update a game to play online
no real emunand support, gateway support the current FW in emunand so you can access eshop and everything while keeping your sysnand on 4.x

probably other stuff i forgot, but you get the idea.

AmuletCross

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the advice,
So I guess i'm definitely getting gateway, but what will happen if i buy Pokemon Omega Ruby? Will it update my 3ds to the minimum firmware needed to play it or the latest firmware?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Thanks for the advice,
So I guess i'm definitely getting gateway, but what will happen if i buy Pokemon Omega Ruby? Will it update my 3ds to the minimum firmware needed to play it or the latest firmware?
you can play it in emunand classic mode, just read up on the basic term and setup guides while you wait for it to arrive, once you wrap you head around it, its pretty simple.....most of the steps only have to be done the first time afterwards its just go to DS profile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)