3DS Game Gear games coming to eShop

Deleted member 282441

AKA ZeroTheSavior
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game gear that most likely none of us know about is coming to Nintendo's 3DS eShop next eShop update. If it's Thursday then they're probably there already.
More info here: http://www.sonicretr...irtual-console/

This is SEGA, not Nintendo's game system, so some launch titles would be sonic triple trouble, along with Shinobi & dragon crystal.

I don't have one of these, but from what I hear they're really heavy and eat batteries.

schmammal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know the raffle contests you see when you walk in to a buzz inn steakhouse? My friend Tina wone one of those...In 1991...She won a gamegear...It had like five good games.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm with Twin Retro the GB and GBC have so many great games and so far after one year we only have a fucken small hand full released. There are some decent Game Gear games tho hopefully Sega pumps them out faster.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never enjoyed the Game Gear, kind of reminded me of my old Atari lynx..

I personally wished they would start selling SNES/GBA games for the 3DS, as much as I love some older GB/GBC games. They could turn the e-store into a place for those who love older gen retro classics :)

Reactions: 3 people

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is.............old news
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4115557

We're going to have to wait until March 14 to play Game Gear classics on 3DS, but today Sega provided a glimpse of what the experience will look like.

The screen shows the various options you can access when playing Game Gear titles: screen mode, system color, ghosting/after image, performance. The system color menu shows options for black, blue, yellow and red.

As detailed yesterday, Sonic & Tales 2, The GG Shinobi and Dragon Crystal will be released on March 14, priced ¥300 each. Sega also said today that Sonic Drift 2 and Columns will be released at some point.

it also seems like the OP doesnt even understand what he is posting about or even read the article he linked

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, i thought we already knew this?
we did.

Here is some other info though

The Game Gear emulation will also bring several options like screen mode, system color, ghosting, and system performance. Colors can be blue, black, yellow, and red.

:arrow:Source
Is that kinda like what the Gameboy Color allowed to do with normal Gameboy games? Swapping the colors and all that?
Or is it just the colors of the menu? .-."

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, i thought we already knew this?
we did.

Here is some other info though

The Game Gear emulation will also bring several options like screen mode, system color, ghosting, and system performance. Colors can be blue, black, yellow, and red.

:arrow:Source
Is that kinda like what the Gameboy Color allowed to do with normal Gameboy games? Swapping the colors and all that?
Or is it just the colors of the menu? .-."
nQOud.jpg

From what I understand you can change the color of the system that borders around the game being played or turn it off.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Very nice, I found my Game Gear the other day while looking for something else - went to play it but gave up when i couldn't find the 9 million AA batteries it required :P

Hope Nintendo gets my 3DS back to me soon, i feel as though i'll be missing out otherwise :glare:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr