Hacking 3DS + FW 10.1.0.27U can't boot R4i 3DS

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS with FW 10.1.0.27U. I have an R4i 3DS flash cart that has the latest kernel (V1.83b), and when I try to boot it up on my 3DS, I get the following error message:

f838f8b5549dc02cc767903848eed718.jpg

This R4i 3DS card works fine on my DS Lite.

Any ideas how to fix this error, so I can play DS games on my 3DS?

Thanks!

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It was probably blocked with an update. You now need cfw to launch it. So downgrade to 9.2 and from there on install a9lh using this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

After that you'll be able to play nds roms with your flashcard and play all 3ds games you want as cia files. Also, emulators. And custom themes. And everything you'd need.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming I can downgrade my 3DS, would I be able to load 3DS games from the SD slot?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Assuming I can downgrade my 3DS, would I be able to load 3DS games from the SD slot?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: you know the titles you can download from the Eshop? They're cia files and they install to your home menu. With CFW you can install all the CIA'S you want, so they install to your home menu. The CIA'S are loaded from your sd card.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks! I have the R4i 3DS card, but it doesn't have the RTS mark on it as shown on the website. Does this mean my card doesn't support RTS? I can't find that feature on the card.

Temarile

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cool thanks! I have the R4i 3DS card, but it doesn't have the RTS mark on it as shown on the website. Does this mean my card doesn't support RTS? I can't find that feature on the card.

Probably not, but don't quote me on that. I don't know too much about nds flashcards.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Btw, the link to the manual is all torrents. I am not a big fan of torrents, so is there a good link on how to downgrade somewhere?

Also, if I can load 3DS games via SD card, what is the point of a Gateway flash cart?

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Btw, the link to the manual is all torrents. I am not a big fan of torrents, so is there a good link on how to downgrade somewhere?

Also, if I can load 3DS games via SD card, what is the point of a Gateway flash cart?
There are Mega links. Not sure what you're on about. :unsure:
And the short answer is there's no reason for a Gateway. Not anymore, at least. [They used to be the only CFW] Long answer: These days the only reason they still exist is because of shameful business practices like claiming other dev's work as their own [A9LH] stealing their code and adding DRM to it. If you own a Gateway, then there is good reason to use it [For the game freaks out there, it's very useful as you have 2 SD cards and can bypass the 300 icon limit, if I'm not mistaken] but there's no reason at all to buy one.
If you need any help with the Plailect Guide, just ask :)
Off-Topic: Is that a DSi? :wacko:

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to visit the Browser Han website, but when I open the 3DS,Web browser, it says I need to perform a system update. If I do this, I am sure it will update to a firmware that would require a hard mod to downgrade.

Any way around this?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Set the date to January 1 of year 2000 and the Browser then will work in your version. (Note this workaround was patched in 10.7.0-32)

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well first you need to "Initialize savedata" of the browser, so first "Initialize savedata" and then enter to the Browser with that date.

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds is bricked. Tried the recovery mode and no go. No NAND backup.

Time to throw this thing in the trash

Last edited by XC-3730C,

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following the guide here:

http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

I got to the step where it says in 10 seconds it will reboot. It hung for quite a while, and I turned off the system. Then.....black screens. I suppose I should have just let it be.

My next step is just to get another motherboard.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following the guide here:

http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

I got to the step where it says in 10 seconds it will reboot. It hung for quite a while, and I turned off the system. Then.....black screens. I suppose I should have just let it be.

My next step is just to get another motherboard.

You used a very old version of sysupdater. You should have use the downgrade tutorial form the guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: legit nobody irl knows I'm trans(it hasn't been long enough yet)