3DS freezes after a short amount of time when in a homebrew.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sp3off, Jun 4, 2017.

1. sp3off
    OP

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Hello everyone,

Lastly i'm having some technical issues regarding Homebrews. It appeared that when a homebrew is started, more precisely when it writes on the SD card, the 3DS freezes (not directly, a short time after). And when i say freeze it's like I cannot return to HOME and everything. It happened recently on my sighax console. Didn't have this problem with A9LH. I assure that my SD Card is working well since it reads and writes on it.

Do you have any ideas ?
    Thanks,
    sp3off.

2. starburst

starburst Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2017
    United States
    This is probably not the kind of advice that you want to hear, but I when my system froze regularly by starting homebrew (and some stock applications like the settings manager), I had to restore a backup of my NAND firmware and start anew.
    Granted, I only had like ten games and three or four homebrew applications, and thus did not care that much about losing my game saves. But I never faced an issue afterwards.

This happened when I was on arm9LoaderHax and Luma 6.61, and now I am on Sighax and Luma 7.1.

Last edited by starburst, Jun 5, 2017
  3. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    @sp3off you should upgrade to Luma 8.0 and B9S 1.2. They have a new hb menu you could use that might work

4. sp3off
    OP

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Actually, i'm on B9S 1.2 with Luma 8.0. But I do not even know how to launch it.

5. blujay

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    You need to launch the hb_launcher_loader_v1.3 with the HBL v2.0 boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card

6. sp3off
    OP

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Well thanks, i'm trying it.

About my situation : It's getting better about my 3DS. Before, it couldn't write anything with CIAngel, and now, I've just downloaded a game.

Where can I launch the boot payload ?

Last edited by sp3off, Jun 8, 2017
  7. blujay

Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    1. Download this: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases
    2. Download the boot.3dsx from here: https://github.com/fincs/new-hbmenu/releases
    3. Install the hblauncher_loaderv1.3 CIA file
    4. Make sure the new boot.3dsx is on the root of your SD card (overwrite any current one)
    5. Launch the hblauncher_loader.
    6. You'll notice that no payload is loading and that the GUI looks different
    7. profit

8. sp3off
    OP

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Okay, i'm trying right now.

EDIT1: It works ! Thank you !
    EDIT2: TWLoader does some problems to me.
    @Robz8 Do we need to manually install bootstrap with the latest version of TWLoader ? Doing it by the app cause data_abort on a sighaxed console.

EDIT3: Oh, now it automatically gives a data_abort.
    EDIT4: Also the same message when I've installed the .cia version.

Last edited by sp3off, Jun 8, 2017
  9. sp3off
    OP

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    Seems that I can't make TWLoader work due to an automatical update bootstrap installation (makes the arm11 hang with a data abort)