3DS Flashcart, where to buy?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BlockBreaker, Apr 7, 2014.

1. BlockBreaker
    OP

BlockBreaker Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2014
    United States
    Hello, I just bought a 2DS after not owning a nintendo console for the past 4 years. When I used to have a DS I had an R4i and I loved it. I am looking for a flashcart to play DS games on(not 3DS) my 2DS. I have about 20 bucks to spend(counting shipping), and I was looking at the R4i GOLD 3DS on nds-card.com but I am not sure if that will be able to function the way I want it too.
    Thanks!
    -BlockBreaker

2. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    It pretty much does what you need, gets updates out in a timely manner after each 3ds update. DSTWO is the best but is twice the cost.

3. kidnaper

kidnaper Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    Any 2DS will NOT be a able to play 3DS ROMs. You need firmware 4.1-4.5 for that and the 2DS shipped with 6.x. If you just want to play DS games any cart advertising 7.x compatibility should work. I agree the DSTWO is the card to get, for that.

4. lukands

lukands I took the little bus here

Mar 27, 2009
    Your mamas house
    If your looking to play DS games on a 2DS why are you looking to buy a 3DS card?

5. meineliebe

meineliebe Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    R4i GOLD 3DS and supercard dstwo are also good. dstwo can perfect play GBA- und SNES-games. these two cards can all support the latest version.