3DS firmware version 11.9.0-42 available

Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png

Nintendo has pushed out a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, 11.9.0-42. It's currently not known exactly what this update brings to the table, but as always, you might want to wait to see what scene developers say before updating your 3DS, if you want to keep using homebrew. The last update, 11.8.0.41, was released in July 2018, and managed to break multiple homebrew applications upon its initial release, so it's recommended to stay on your current firmware for the time being. As always, the patch notes are for the sake of stability.

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

:arrow: Source

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well crap..... god damn it nintendo enough is enough with there FUCKING updates.

CheddaGuap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv'e already checked and it's safe to update but i would make a nand update just incase but so far everything still works

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @Galaxy☆Guy
Ich prefer Not to buy any additional stuff but thank you anyway!!

Thanks @Ryccardo !
So could you explain how i can downgrade to 11.8?
Or since a lot of users Report everything to Work Just fine isn't it possible to homebrew even with the New 11.9?
I found a videoguide to bomebrew with the 11.8 firmware that seemed legit but since the 11.9 i don't quite want to try it out until confirmation came that it does or doesn't Work.
Thank you!

Yeah, you install Luma which patches out the downgrade checks then you download an 11.8 firmware pack and use sysupdater to downgrade. Of course if you have Luma there is no point in downgrading unless you are trying to make a hybrid "frankenfirmware" emunand for Gateway.

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, When I run LUMAUPDATER it says it updates successfully but the next I boot it I see the old LUMA version still with it saying I have a backup on the new version? Is it safe for me to update past 11.7?

MistleMina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, you install Luma which patches out the downgrade checks then you download an 11.8 firmware pack and use sysupdater to downgrade. Of course if you have Luma there is no point in downgrading unless you are trying to make a hybrid "frankenfirmware" emunand for Gateway.

Tjanks! but i could only follow to the Point of Using sysupdater to downgrade to 11.8.
A friend told me in Order to Play Roms on a New 3ds XL a homebrew is necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1