3DS firmware version 11.9.0-42 available

Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.png

Nintendo has pushed out a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, 11.9.0-42. It's currently not known exactly what this update brings to the table, but as always, you might want to wait to see what scene developers say before updating your 3DS, if you want to keep using homebrew. The last update, 11.8.0.41, was released in July 2018, and managed to break multiple homebrew applications upon its initial release, so it's recommended to stay on your current firmware for the time being. As always, the patch notes are for the sake of stability.

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Of course I have a smart phone but I still use my 3ds' browser I've used the web browser on every hand held I've own the 3ds' browser is no different

I was mostly pointing out Smartphone browsers tend to get regular updates while the 3DS browser doesn't.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you even going online with the 3DS browser, you don't have a Smartphone?

Of course I have a smart phone. To answer your second question I've used the brow
I was mostly pointing out Smartphone browsers tend to get regular updates while the 3DS browser doesn't.

Nintendo needs to keep the browser up to date.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smartphone browsers are for millenials. why they aren't even stable enough to work after you drop the phone into a dumpster fire!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What does this even mean?
It's all of the parts of the firmware that were updated and none of them are core files to be worried about
No I mean is it safe to update to 11.9.0-42. or stay below for now?
It has been tested and confirmed safe by your's truly
Nothing major was changed
https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=12-03-18_07-00-42&sys=ktr
CFWs tested
Luma3DS: Works
Rei-Six: Works
CakesFW: Works
All patches tested and confirmed to still be working
There weren't any core parts to be worried about in this update.

Reactions: ZipMartin

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.