3DS firmware 11.8.0-41 out, is actually stable and broke support for Luma3DS - fix now available

IMG_0093.JPG

The 3DS is reaching its twilight years, with major first party releases slowing down. Updates to the system software are also becoming more and more uncommon. However, Nintendo sent out an update tonight, once more boasting about its beloved stability updates. This time, the claims were actually true, and the new update broke support with Luma3DS. Smealum, a major force in the scene is currently telling users to avoid updating at all costs, as doing so while having Luma will result in a "Failed to apply FIRM patch" error. For now, its recommended to stay below the new 11.8.0-41 update if your console is hacked, at least until there's a fix.

If you have knowledge with compiling files, you can apply the fix, but for the entry level user, it's advised you wait.

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

:arrow: Source

:download: Fixed Luma version

:download: Fixed Rei-Six version (final update for the project)

:download: Fixed CakesFW version

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wait what so our console bricks if we update firmware? No sysnand, and no emunand..? Have dualnand setup.
I gave a 3ds to my little newphew... I though we could always update no matter what.

Seismof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What about people who are still on 11.7 and want to hack/mod their 3DS/2DS to get Luma CFW? Do they just get their seed mined on the homebrew discord and follow the tutorials available on youtube or 3ds.hacks.guide without any problems? I checked the bruteforcemovable website and it said it was down due to this update.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Last edited by zoogie,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Welp. They cant do anything as long as they can't fix coldboot exploits, harmods and seedmining methods. These are just futile efforts.

Deleted member 420418

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t really care since i can still play my games online and the only things i can’t do is edit my nnid information and access the eshop.
So no real need for me to update from 11.6

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What about people who are still on 11.7 and want to hack/mod their 3DS/2DS to get Luma CFW? Do they just get their seed mined on the homebrew discord and follow the tutorials available on youtube or 3ds.hacks.guide without any problems? I checked the bruteforcemovable website and it said it was down due to this update.

They can't patch the NTRboot method listed on the 3ds hacks website without a hardware revision.

I'll still wait a few days before I update though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE