Hacking .3ds files not displaying (2018 R4 SDHC Gold Pro on 3DS XL)

matolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have run into a little issue getting my r4 card to work with my 3DSXL, and I need some help if possible.

The basics:
- Purchased the r4 SDHC GOLD Pro card via Wish (I know). Appears legit as indicated by the label. Website referenced on label is www<dot>r4isdhc<dot>com
- Downloaded and installed the required files from www<dot>r4isdhc<dot>com: .zip file named "R4i-V3.9b English".
- Unzipped package contains the normal folders/files (moonmenu folder, moonshl2 folder, R4iMenu folder, r4.dat file).

Running the contents on my 3DSXL appears to work fine. Main menu has the Bomberman Land icon. When touched, I get the R4i Revolution menu. Tapping the Game icon gives me another menu where I see only the MOONSHL2.NDS file. This launches the Moon Shell 2 menu. From here, I see the contents of my SD card: v-cst3 folder, v-cts3.nfo file, and a single game folder I installed: in this instance, Cave Story 3D.

The problem here is that I cannot see the .3ds file inside that directory. All I ever see anywhere is a v-cst3 folder and .nfo file.

Does anyone now what is going on or how to resolve this?It happens for any game I choose to install, and it doesn't make a difference if I unzip the game folder or not.

Thanks for any help!

- Matolo

matolo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That flashcart doesn't load .3ds files, only .nds files. It's a DS flashcart that works with 3DS consoles. It does NOT load 3DS ROMS. You probably should've done more research. lol.

WTF, ugh. Evidently I should have. Oh well. This is good to know; that company's card naming conventions are questionable. At least I'm only out 20 bucks, and I can play all my DS roms while I wait for a legit 3DS cart.

Well, hopefully this post will help others with similar issues. I'm pretty savvy about these things and even I was duped.

Thanks for your help!

- matolo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/