timmeehh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Let's start with saying that I'm not a hacker, but a developer. I develop web/mobile applications for my job

I lately got into the gateway scene, and today I had an interesting idea.

Pokemon X&Y got the mystery box feature. A feature where you can get limited pokemon for example a limited time. For example, right now you can get the Halloween pokemon Pumpkaboo.

I started to think how this would work. It seems like the 3DS connects to the Nintendo server, and gets a reply back with say the name of the Pokemon (this could be anything).

My thought was to try and set up a 'fake' Nintendo server and redirect the Nintendo servers the 3DS communicates to to my fake server, where I can give another Pokemon back (say limited Pokemon that are not available anymore).

Is there anyone interested in this? / does this seem doable or am I missing something?

Let me know or hit me up for my skype to talk further.

Thanks,
Tim

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Let's start with saying that I'm not a hacker, but a developer. I develop web/mobile applications for my job

I lately got into the gateway scene, and today I had an interesting idea.

Pokemon X&Y got the mystery box feature. A feature where you can get limited pokemon for example a limited time. For example, right now you can get the Halloween pokemon Pumpkaboo.

I started to think how this would work. It seems like the 3DS connects to the Nintendo server, and gets a reply back with say the name of the Pokemon (this could be anything).

My thought was to try and set up a 'fake' Nintendo server and redirect the Nintendo servers the 3DS communicates to to my fake server, where I can give another Pokemon back (say limited Pokemon that are not available anymore).

Is there anyone interested in this? / does this seem doable or am I missing something?

Let me know or hit me up for my skype to talk further.

Thanks,
Tim

Official Nintendo wifi is dead bro but the community is working on restoring that functionality by creating emulated servers

timmeehh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Official Nintendo wifi is dead bro but the community is working on restoring that functionality by creating emulated servers
I don't think you're understanding the idea. The idea is to emulate the Nintendo/Pokemon server to give out limited Pokemon that aren't available anymore trough mystery gift.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

timmeehh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand just fine but I do think you understand what i'm say is that the community is doing the exact same thing because nintendo wifi is dead http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-wii-and-ds-games.362716/
I see.

But the thing is that this feature isn't offline and it's still available?
The project you linked to is for game servers that are taken offline?

Also; isn't this just for the normal ds? And is this the full server so it can work with the Pokemon mystery gift too? Or is it just a part of it?

Thanks,

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

timmeehh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But that's for the original DS and Wii. I think the OP is talking about the network that the 3DS connects to.
Correct. Will post some pictures of what I mean later.

This is what Nintendo says about getting a Pokemon:

To get Pumpkaboo:

Connect your Nintendo 3DS system to the Internet.

Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.

Select Receive Gift, then Yes.

Select Get via Internet, then Yes.

Watch as you receive Pumpkaboo!

Speak to the delivery girl in any Pokémon Center to receive Pumpkaboo.

Be sure to save your game!

--

I hope you guys understand what I mean,

Thanks

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I understand just fine but I do think you understand what i'm say is that the community is doing the exact same thing because nintendo wifi is dead http://gbatemp.net/threads/save-nin...e-online-servers-for-wii-and-ds-games.362716/

but this is about the 3ds games. 3ds wifi is not dead, only wii and ds (the old consoles).

as for the thread, people would like that, however if it required gateway to use, i think people already have ways to cheat pokemon with savestate hacks.
back in the ds days, similar things happened with fake gts. i guess the community has already tried to get this back to work, but is probably not successful at the time?

check projectpokemon.org
they probably know how far along hacking those games people are right now.
one way or another, because there's some type of encryption going on here, its not going to happen from one day to another.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
but this is about the 3ds games. 3ds wifi is not dead, only wii and ds (the old consoles).

as for the thread, people would like that, however if it required gateway to use, i think people already have ways to cheat pokemon with savestate hacks.
back in the ds days, similar things happened with fake gts. i guess the community has already tried to get this back to work, but is probably not successful at the time?

check projectpokemon.org
one way or another, because there's some type of encryption going on here, its not going to happen from one day to another.

i understand the OP's idea, he wants to create a www.pokecheck.org but for 3ds, and providing only event pokemon (or any pokemon like pokecheck used to)

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Also; isn't this just for the normal ds? And is this the full server so it can work with the Pokemon mystery gift too? Or is it just a part of it?

Thanks,

No it applies to all of the DS that had Nintendo wifi that includes the normal 3DS series as for the new 3DS its a definite no i'm betting

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

check projectpokemon.org

My bad I thought he was talking about DS & 3DS games that used Nintedo wifi

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.

Thanks,

Slight error on my part in any case making a fake Nintendo network server is possible but how will we change the settings so that we connect to our emulated server instead of the real deal official server DS games that used Nintendo wifi had this option & because of it we are able to re rout to our emulated server & yes i'm well aware that your talking about 3DS games just thought I toss some thoughts of my own your way

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slight error on my part in any case making a fake Nintendo network server is possible but how will we change the settings so that we connect to our emulated server instead of the real deal official server

I'm by no means an expert but I believe you could reroute the connection to the emulated server in your router settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.