Hardware 3DS fails to connect to WiFi

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alright, so suddenly while playing New Leaf the internet connection on my 3DS dies. No idea why, just goes.

I check the settings on my 3DS and it's fine, but I delete and re-do them twice to make sure.

Still not working. I test the wireless on my laptop and tablet, and both are absolutely fine. Ethernet is working aswell (im using it).

Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried turning WiFi on and off a few times, no effect.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that same problem I fixed it by going to my modem's main page which can usually be found by typing in your IP address then making sure your Wireless Security setting are either set to WEP or OFF or NONE because the 3DS sometimes has a hard time with WPA or WPA2 if this dosen't work then you might have a faulty 3DS has this happened before or does the 3DS work on everything but New Leaf?

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had that same problem I fixed it by going to my modem's main page which can usually be found by typing in your IP address then making sure your Wireless Security setting are either set to WEP or OFF or NONE because the 3DS sometimes has a hard time with WPA or WPA2 if this dosen't work then you might have a faulty 3DS has this happened before or does the 3DS work on everything but New Leaf?

The internet doesn't work on anything. I cant access the internet (browser), update firmware etc.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
The internet doesn't work on anything. I cant access the internet (browser), update firmware etc.

Go to the Home Menu and hold the Turn on/off button for 20ish seconds till it turns off, then turn it on but hold the turn on/off button for 10ish seconds till u come to the home menu. Then enable the Wifi on the 3DS.

loco365

Trophies
XP

2 things.

1. NEVER turn off security. Even though WEP is easily hackable, having it set to none will allow for anyone and their gear to connect, and rack up your internet bill.
2. Have you ever heard of a period?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. NEVER turn off security. Even though WEP is easily hackable, having it set to none will allow for anyone and their gear to connect, and rack up your internet bill.
2. Have you ever heard of a period?

Hey sorry but I live in a very rural area the next closest house is about 100 yards away so Modem security has never been a problem. Ohh and yes I do have a problem with run-on sentences sorry if that bothers you probably won't change anytime soon.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Went through pages and pages of how to configure everything manually, done it exactly as Nintendo recommends and progress has been made; the difficulty now is not accessing the router, but from the router to the internet. It says the device is already in use, so I will try and delete the device from my router setup and then add it again and see if that works.

Themanhunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right, gave up completely and just reset the router...it worked. Thanks for the replies guys. Staff, this can be locked/deleted at your discretion.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright, so suddenly while playing New Leaf the internet connection on my 3DS dies. No idea why, just goes.

I check the settings on my 3DS and it's fine, but I delete and re-do them twice to make sure.

Still not working. I test the wireless on my laptop and tablet, and both are absolutely fine. Ethernet is working aswell (im using it).

Any ideas how to fix this? I've tried turning WiFi on and off a few times, no effect.
I'm guessing you're having the 511 or 512 errors which happen when visiting a town?
A lot of people are having those errors, myself included, being unable to visit towns is a real downer.
I assumed that was your case because the game never actually uses the internet unless you request it to.

Edit: Didn't notice that last post. xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I get a mig switch in the mail today