3DS extra slide-pad + Monster Hunter 3G confirmed!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
I just think this whole idea is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see what Nintendo is thinking...

It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off, potential 3DS owners want to wait for a new model, and non-3DS owners laugh...
Honestly, I don't see the point of being angry. It's a peripheral, therefore optional. If you want to buy a game that needs it, then you can buy it.

If you can afford a 3DS and games to go along with it, you can probably afford a 2nd sliderpad peripheral.

(I do not mean to sound inflammatory)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
awssk8er said:
I just think this whole idea is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see what Nintendo is thinking...

It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off, potential 3DS owners want to wait for a new model, and non-3DS owners laugh...
I largely agree with most of what you've said, but the bold portion? It offers better control options and some people actually prefer dual sticks compared to one + touch. In fact, this feature can arguably be said to be more useful than the 3D.

Note the arguably.

EDIT: added the word 'some'

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
awssk8er said:

I largely agree with most of what you've said, but the bold portion? It offers better control options and people actually prefer dual sticks compared to one + touch. In fact, this feature can arguably be said to be more useful than the 3D.

Note the arguably.
Pretty much one of the main selling points of the Vita is 2 analogs.

Imagine if it only had one.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Not really, that just shows that it's not a gimmick, and just because it's not a gimmick doesn't mean it's "forced" on you, you're the one who chooses to play the games where it's mandatory.
Didn't want to, but if this not a gimmick, what is your position on the 3D of 3DS then?
Slyakin said:
QUOTE(awssk8er @ Sep 8 2011, 10:27 PM) I just think this whole idea is absolutely ridiculous, and I don't see what Nintendo is thinking...

Honestly, I don't see the point of being angry. It's a peripheral, therefore optional. If you want to buy a game that needs it, then you can buy it.

If you can afford a 3DS and games to go along with it, you can probably afford a 2nd sliderpad peripheral.

It not even the peripheral that got me bothered. It is the fact that this may bring a revision quicker.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:

It's not about the $10... I could care less about $10... It's about how I bring my 3DS everywhere, and if I wanted to play MH or a game that needs this on the go, I basically can't now.

And the point of being angry is so hopefully Nintendo decides not to announce this thing, and pretend like it never happened.

@chris888222
Everyone acts like there is no way to control the camera without a second analog stick. I've been doing it fine since 2004 on my DS. Never had a problem with it. It's not that it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, it's a whole lot of hassle for something that isn't necessary.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
machomuu said:
Not really, that just shows that it's not a gimmick, and just because it's not a gimmick doesn't mean it's "forced" on you, you're the one who chooses to play the games where it's mandatory.
Didn't want to, but if this not a gimmick, what is your position on the 3D of 3DS then?
I already told you and you know it. Either way, that is irrelevant.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're making a peripheral, chances are they're not gonna try to make a successor... Yet.

Nintendo's testing the "2 analog" waters. If it's a success... Who knows?

D

Deleted-220713

I just hope only A FEW games require the second circle pad, I don't wanna be carrying this attachment everywhere I go.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:

It's not about the $10... I could care less about $10... It's about how I bring my 3DS everywhere, and if I wanted to play MH or a game that needs this on the go, I basically can't now.

And the point of being angry is so hopefully Nintendo decides not to announce this thing, and pretend like it never happened.

@chris888222
Everyone acts like there is no way to control the camera without a second analog stick. I've been doing it fine since 2004 on my DS. Never had a problem with it. It's not that it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, it's a whole lot of hassle for something that isn't necessary.
Haha, capcom has already confirmed that the slide pad accessory is optional and you can control with one stick just fine.

About the cradle though, I received my reply about it and they claim that it's just a sprawling rumor and that only capcom staff members are trying it (NoA still doesn't want to admit). They did say however, that MH Tri G is commonly asked about and they are currently discussing it.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
If they're making a peripheral, chances are they're not gonna try to make a successor... Yet.

Nintendo's testing the "2 analog" waters. If it's a success... Who knows?
Well my ideal is an XL with improved battery life and an integrated second stick and other stuffz.

I guess that's because I still have DSiXL jet-lag, though. You know what they say, once you go XL you never go back.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Haha, capcom has already confirmed that the slide pad accessory is optional and you can control with one stick just fine.

About the cradle though, I received my reply about it and they claim that it's just a sprawling rumor and that only capcom staff members are trying it (NoA still doesn't want to admit). They did say however, that MH Tri G is commonly asked about and they are currently discussing it.
Wait. Really? Wow, that just breaks the whole argument.
tongue.gif

And if this is really a rumor and it's only Capcom who's interested... Maybe Capcom should release this peripheral instead.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:

@chris888222

As long as no games need the attachment, that is perfectly fine.

However, if they release even one game that this peripheral is required for... I'm just going to say... "Nintendo!... You really grind my gears..." and end up not getting the game.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is their actual reply:

QUOTE said:
We’re aware of the rumors circulating about the Nintendo 3DS, but we have nothing to announce or confirm regarding a redesign or change to the hardware, other than our plans to bring out a new Flame Red color.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
chris888222 said:
awssk8er said:
Slyakin said:
awssk8er said:

@chris888222

As long as no games need the attachment, that is perfectly fine.

However, if they release even one game that this peripheral is required for... I'm just going to say... "Nintendo!... You really grind my gears..." and end up not getting the game.
Why? I'd welcome that with open arms. If 0 games required it then there would be less incentive to buy it.

It's similar to games that required the Wiimotion Plus, and those were fine.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:

QUOTE said:
We’re aware of the rumors circulating about the Nintendo 3DS, but we have nothing to announce or confirm regarding a redesign or change to the hardware, other than our plans to bring out a new Flame Red color.
All companies say that, no matter if they're releasing a new peripheral or the cure to cancer.

It's to make sure people don't take rumors as fact.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Slyakin said:
chris888222 said:

QUOTE said:
All companies say that, no matter if they're releasing a new peripheral or the cure to cancer.

It's to make sure people don't take rumors as fact.
Nothing to confirm = Dead confirmed?
tongue.gif

Just kidding.

Yeah, agree with ya.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If MH3G does come to EUR/US, then I'll probably get it with the peripheral.

If it comes down to it, and they do come out with a revision incorporating everything the peripheral comes with, I'll probably get it, transfer my games ans such over to the new one, and sell my old one. In such a case, I better keep my current one in good condition.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
awssk8er said:
It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off
Meanwhile, two months ago: Every-fucking-one complaining about the lack of a second analog stick.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ikki said:
awssk8er said:
It barely adds anything to gameplay, and makes current 3DS owners pissed off
Meanwhile, two months ago: Every-fucking-one complaining about the lack of a second analog stick.

I'm saying lol.

Anyway now that I got a 3DS and seeing the rumors of MH actually coming on the portable, I am more than happy ^__^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)