3DS Download Play not working on some roms

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JoelLouviere, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JoelLouviere
    OP

JoelLouviere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 22, 2012
    I've tried to get Download Play hosting working on some games like Kirby Triple Deluxe or Puyo Puyo Tetris but for whatever strange reason I go to the download play option and as soon as it enters it boots me out with a connection error prompt. Idk why it's happening but it's only on backups and seemingly only on retail dumps of games. Wireless is on too, that's a different error for if that's off. I've never seen anyone talk about this problem and it's a little more an irritating. What can I do to fix it?

2. addi33

addi33 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I wouldn't use download play, I've seen some threads that someone somehow got rid of a9lh due to something with the unprotected FIRM

3. Ldaz

Ldaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Maybe when it was rebuilt as a backup the person forgot to package the 3ds download play portion. That's what I think.

4. RosaliinaDaHacker64

RosaliinaDaHacker64 3DS font intermediate/expert

Oct 7, 2015
    Ireland
    F:\gm9\out
    I have same problem with Mario Kart 7 (download off freeShop), but works fine with my dumped legit cartridge as CIA file.

Last edited by RosaliinaDaHacker64, Jan 17, 2017
  5. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    if your hosting, its probably the cia your using. improper 3ds/3dz conversion to cia can cause this. i would know, i had this problem with mario kart 7