3ds doesn't turn on after hardmod and some repair

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Geration, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Geration
    OP

Geration Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Italy
    Today i replaced the game slot and made the hardmod to my old 3ds. When i tried to switch on again the console (with the dump nand cable plugged in + the sd adapter) after the hardmod and with the new card slot it went to the classic blue screen, so i turned it off thinking everything went fine. Then i tried to switch it on again, this time without the cable because i wanted to test the new game slot, but after few seconds the 3ds died. Now when i press the power button the blue led turns on for 1-2 seconds and then the console turns back off, sometimes it doesn't even appear the blue light of the led, it just doesn't turn on. I already tried to re-insert all the ribbon cables but nothing changed.

Any ideas of what this could be? I can provide photos of the motherboard.

I'm not an expert, but i would really like to fix this console, thanks in advance!

2. konsolenumbau.expert

konsolenumbau.expert GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Pics are always good. You should check every flex cable. Check the board for bridges and solder blobs... Check the pins you soldered too. Good luck.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
  4. Geration
    OP

Geration Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Italy
    There is a big blob of solder on ground pad of the game slot. Is there any other place where i could rewire the ground? The sd reader case is gnd?

5. Geration
    OP

Geration Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Italy
    Does anyone know where i can rewire these two pins?

[​IMG]

6. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    That looks more than f***ed....

7. Geration
    OP

Geration Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Italy
    the death of the console after few seconds could it be because of that?

i tried to clean it but i just can't

8. konsolenumbau.expert

Feb 7, 2016
    Germany
    Rieps
    Well hard to say from here. But there are definitly bridges... And one pad from the reader is totally gone?!what have you used to "refill" the gone ground pads? Some kind of silver fluid? For sure you need to get rid of the extended solder first of all but to be honest.. I wouldnt mess with that board anymore.. Sorry dude.

9. Geration
    OP

Geration Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2017
    Italy
    The gone pad of the reader is not a problem, i found out here how to rewire that pin to a pad in the bottom part of the mother board.
    The main problem is that solder blob that i can't take away

I really tried everything