Hacking (3ds) Do i need to install A9LH to play game that use Extended Ram Mode?

nightzcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
My 3ds only have Luma installed, and i want to play MH4U but when i start it, it give me a black screen so do i need to Install A9LH to play MH4U?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You most likely need to update your version of Luma3DS. As well if you are launching it from a bootloader, you need to make sure custom paths in the options is on as well.
Although I highly suggest installing A9LH.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: proflayton123

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Visit the eShop at least once, let irbdowbload the seed, configure and things or download from freeShop
Actually, if the game boots and soft-locks on a black screen, it's not a seed issue. It's an issue with reboot patches. Basically the game is trying to get more memory and the CFW is letting that happen.

Other thing I forgot to ask the OP, do you have the "arm9loaderhax.bin" in the root of your SD card? You need that no matter what entry you are using because all the payloads are tethered to that.

nightzcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Try updating Luma to the latest version.

my Luma version is 6.6 and i think it was the latest release

Actually, if the game boots and soft-locks on a black screen, it's not a seed issue. It's an issue with reboot patches. Basically the game is trying to get more memory and the CFW is letting that happen.

Other thing I forgot to ask the OP, do you have the "arm9loaderhax.bin" in the root of your SD card? You need that no matter what entry you are using because all the payloads are tethered to that.

Nope, i don't have A9LH.bin in my root

Last edited by nightzcat,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
my Luma version is 6.6 and i think it was the latest release

Nope, i don't have A9LH.bin in my root
That's your problem, all of the patches are tethered to the file, regardless of the entrypoint used.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
so basically i have to install A9LH to play MH4U
You don't have to install A9LH to have it working, you just need the proper launcher. Luma3DS tethers all of the patches the "arm9loaderhax.bin" file. Without that in the root of your SD card, you can't use the patches. Simply put that file into the root of your SD card and MH4 should start working.

Reactions: Quantumcat

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can download the arm9loaderhax.bin file here (ver 6.6.7) Just unzip and place the extracted file at the root of the sd card

Attachments

• arm9loaderhax.zip
    43.6 KB · Views: 116

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1