3DS demo stations now appearing at Best Buys

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Finally! Looks like Best Buy is the first US retailer to get 3DS demo kiosks. Call your local store to see if they have one!
grog.gif

photo.jpg

Here's pics from my hands-on!
P03-17-11_10.03[2].jpg

P03-17-11_10.03[1].jpg
Sources:
Neogaf
GoNintendo

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To BEST BUY! Quick! Before the 7-year-olds abuse it! LOL But, seriously, I need to get my hands on one of those.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They need to provide a map of Best Buy locations with one. I doubt any Best Buy would have a 3DS station except maybe the one in New Orleans.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
SPH73 said:
I take it Best Buy is some American chain?
North American I think...
When I was working there (in 1999~2002) they merged with Future Shop in Canada, not sure if they kept the name or phased it out.
Well, in my city there is both a Future Shop and a Best Buy, so they're still definitely both individual stores, even if they're owned by the same corporation.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Skyline969 said:
twiztidsinz said:
SPH73 said:
When I was working there (in 1999~2002) they merged with Future Shop in Canada, not sure if they kept the name or phased it out.
Well, in my city there is both a Future Shop and a Best Buy, so they're still definitely both individual stores, even if they're owned by the same corporation.
same here in toronto

does anyone know if ANY (not just bestbuy) store in toronto has a 3ds demo station

im guessing only in usa

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
SPH73 said:
Future Shop is now owned by Best Buy, but they're still separate stores.
Hell, where I live there's a Future Shop and a Best Buy in the same mall. It's pointless, considering that the mall is fairly small and that they're practically the same store but with different color schemes. It's like they're trying to say "go left for the red Best Buy and go right for the blue Best Buy".

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YayMii said:
twiztidsinz said:
SPH73 said:
Future Shop is now owned by Best Buy, but they're still separate stores.
Hell, where I live there's a Future Shop and a Best Buy in the same mall. It's pointless, considering that the mall is fairly small and that they're practically the same store but with different color schemes. It's like they're trying to say "go left for the red Best Buy and go right for the blue Best Buy".
Being your own "competition" is brilliant.

Anyways I don't think I even want to see a kiosk in a store. I want to open it up and see the effect it for the first time then. On PilotWings as the launch line up leaves something to be desired :/

D

Deleted User

Just went to a Australian demo in the local Ebgames. I must say I was impressed. Someone else said if you're not looking straight on you lose the effect which is true. So any on lookers will have a tough time keeping up with you. Tilting the sreen up and down has a bit more give and the effect seems to stay in tact. I played streetfighter but found it unplayable during the fighting because the screen was moving a bit so I'd guess that might be a 2d game so I won't buy it. I can play that on the ps3 quite happily. Zelda looked good. Nintendogs looked ok the puppy came out of the screen a little bit (About 3mm) but most of the time it was like looking into one of those shoebox illusion things you may have made as a kid.
They are small about the size of a DSi (I think)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish I were still in college. Best Buy within walking distance so I can go anytime between classes and since it's a college neighborhood there won't be any damn kids that will hog it.

D

Deleted-236924

Sylar1 said:
Wonder if they have real games in them instead of those dumb AR cards.
If they had real carts in them, it would be way too easy to steal them.

QUOTE(AshuraZro @ Mar 13 2011, 09:12 PM) Anyways I don't think I even want to see a kiosk in a store. I want to open it up and see the effect it for the first time then. On PilotWings as the launch line up leaves something to be desired :/

No one forces you to go try out the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

chao1212 said:
Has anyone had any issues with eye strain on these demo models?
No I didn't but I did feel a little disorientated for a minute or two when I'd stopped playing. Also the rumor about prescription glasses not being able to see the effect is crap. I wear them and the effect was good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs