Hacking 3DS Current Firmware Update Information [5.1.0-11]

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS 5.1.0-11 Update thread.
This thread is about the 5.1.0-11 update for today, I have listed things to note and things we know, any contribution can help. The date on the thread title is the Australian date, for Americans it would be 4/4/2013 [Month/Day/Year] but for Australia and many other countries its 5/4/2013 [Day/Month/Year] As we are a date ahead aswell.

• It was said by nintendo that the update is mean't to fix errors with system updating that had been occurring in 5.0.0-11 [Confirmed]
  • Nintendo can now push new apps without your allowance with spotpass, as seen with auto-added JAP region apps for eBooks and another misc app(An iTunes equivalent according to 'YamiHoshi.nl'.) (Although it's probable that they legally cannot push new updates on you(forcefully anyway) Just simply block online applications such as the eShop,SpotPass and StreetPass) [Not confirmed] [JAP Region]
  • Minor update [Confirmed]
  • According to wikipedia it patched potential exploits. Linked here
    h34PKqg.png
  • Officially, the update fixes a bug that stops users from viewing System Settings, eShop and Game Notes [Confirmed]
  • eShop additions [Not confirmed]
  • Blocks access to eShop without an update [Confirmed]
  • All regions [Confirmed]
  • Update to Letterbox/Swapnote allowing the send of videos, pictures and more [Not confirmed]
  • Pictures of a 3DS with update and date.
    4fouJT0.png

qwN7VJc.png

Good thing to see, the update didnt seem to block any flash cards much like the older update of 5.0.0-11, but be careful all the same.
  • Supercard DSTwo - According to 'Maxternal' is working fine [Confirmed]
    * It is now comfirmed to be working fine with 5.0.0-11 and 5.1.0-11 by 'Wcanywayz', a moderator of the supercard forums, linked here *
  • R4i-3DS 4.5 - According to 'dudnator' is working fine [Not confirmed]
  • RDi Gold 3DS Version C - According to 'TackyPie' is working fine [Not confirmed] [Caution - According to 'Dannymizer' of 'romulation' the differen't types of this card may of different results. ]
  • Ace3ds Plus - According to 'TheGamerDepot' is working fine [Not confirmed]
  • R4i 3DS RTS - According to 'TheGamerDepot' is working fine [Not confirmed]
  • R4i 3DS Silver - According to 'TheGamerDepot' is working fine [Not confirmed]
  • More detailed information on blocked cards check here

• 2013 R4i Duel-Core V1.51 BETA - According to 'Tecmanpr' was blocked [Not confirmed]

If you are having the above issue you can fix it by follow the below listed step. [Confirmed]
Code:
Hold L+R+A+Up before powering on (Left Shoulder Button, Right Shoulder Button, A, and Up on the D-pad) this will bring up the system update screen
This video and fix was posted by 'Tecmanpr', you can read more about his post here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-update-5-1-0-11-5-4-2013.345776/page-3#post-4604205

Dannymizer's website shares roms. Please do well to remove it.

Metab.

Check my signature for the latest news on the 3DS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dannymizer's website shares roms. Please do well to remove it.
------
The site is full of it being mentioned, If im going to supply information I'm going to give it a source, if people really wanted illegal roms they could find them in literally seconds, the rule is their so legal obligations against piracy are met, But since I am not advicating the site, advertising it or encouraging the use of it, legally there is no problem, thus the site should also have no problem.
It is like news.com reporting about thepiratebay, if they mention it, are they encouraging pirating? no.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
------
The site is full of it being mentioned, If im going to supply information I'm going to give it a source, if people really wanted illegal roms they could find them in literally seconds, the rule is their so legal obligations against piracy are met, But since I am not advicating the site, advertising it or encouraging the use of it, legally there is no problem, thus the site should also have no problem.
It is like news.com reporting about thepiratebay, if they mention it, are they encouraging pirating? no.

"Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise."
Quoted directly from the rules.
I think you're misjudging my intentions. I'm trying to keep you from getting a warn.

$20 this devolves into some sort of debate.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
"Members may also NOT mention torrent or warez-containing sites or channels by name or otherwise."
Quoted directly from the rules.
I think you're misjudging my intentions. I'm trying to keep you from getting a warn.

$20 this devolves into some sort of debate.
Yeah I understand but I am merely reporting the rules, that rule is simply their so the site isn't liable, if they didn't have that and people(espically staff, who represent the site) started mentioning it they could be sued, - removed- shows that people mention it at any time without issue.

Now i'd like this to be kept strictly news related so if you'd like PM me to discus it.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My version of the R4 (R4i SDHC-V3DSU) doesn’t work anymore after the update, it’s blocked.
Can you comfirm it worked on 5.0.0-11?
If it was blocked before that, or even before 4.5 then there is no point adding that.
Can you give me some more detail? :)

That Tim Dood

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you comfirm it worked on 5.0.0-11?
If it was blocked before that, or even before 4.5 then there is no point adding that.
Can you give me some more detail? :)

Well, it was working with the 4.5 update but I saw nothing in the blocked list of the 5.0.0-11 update thread, sorry for being a noob regarding those info. BTW can I make a rant about the obscene number of R4 flashcarts out there? :lol:

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it was working with the 4.5 update but I saw nothing in the blocked list of the 5.0.0-11 update thread, sorry for being a noob regarding those info. BTW can I make a rant about the obscene number of R4 flashcarts out there? :lol:
Ok thanks, Ill add it to the list of blocked cards!
And you sure can!

WoJjTeK

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, they still might want to give us hack which uses that patched vulnerability, because they do not lose it since it is fixed in newer firmware. The main concern is that there's only one known game that can be used for this exploit, and it is not yet known by Nintendo, so they don't want to lose their only current way into the system. If it was patched by Nintendo in newer FW, I'm pretty sure that they'd give us what they got.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I stuck the warning there so people wouldn't accidentally do it and be angry with me.

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't that just a joke on IRC? Or was that a different hack?
They did have some basic exploits but they havn't turned out to be anything useful to normal 3DS users as of yet.
And they wont be releasing them to the general public either.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't that just a joke on IRC? Or was that a different hack?
Neimod and yellows8 were working on a 3DS hack that allowed kernel-mode. That one famous hack everybody is waiting for. They have stated multiple times over the past months that they were not going to release it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
------

If you're referring to posting links to sites/pages that contain copywrited material, no you're incorrect in your thinking. Regardless of what you may think about piracy and the legality surrounding it, our site rules are absolute. You will NOT post those links on this site. Failure to comply is pretty straightforward.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Well, they still might want to give us hack which uses that patched vulnerability, because they do not lose it since it is fixed in newer firmware. The main concern is that there's only one known game that can be used for this exploit, and it is not yet known by Nintendo, so they don't want to lose their only current way into the system. If it was patched by Nintendo in newer FW, I'm pretty sure that they'd give us what they got.

-_-
there's is 67 games that this venerability works on
its actually the Firmware that was updated to block it

Nintendo knew how to block it due to the fact all the info is on 3DSBrew
hence why it was blocked with 5.0.0-10 (why else do you think so many flashcards didn't even require an update, it was released mainly to block the 3DS exploit)

5.1.0-11 was released fast due to there was a big bug 5.0.0-11 due to them rushing it

Metab.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
-_-
there's is 67 games that this venerability works on
its actually the Firmware that was updated to block it

Nintendo knew how to block it due to the fact all the info is on 3DSBrew
hence why it was blocked with 5.0.0-10 (why else do you think so many flashcards didn't even require an update, it was released mainly to block the 3DS exploit)

5.1.0-11 was released fast due to there was a big bug 5.0.0-11 due to them rushing it
Exactly, the point of the update was to block vuls in the 3DS, as well as adding some little stuff to cover it up to seem like a regular update.
the 5.1.0-11 was just a bug fix, well said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I will nvr say a FUQing Curse word Again :D