3ds crashes whenever I open DSiWare Data Management

SpyGuyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to hack my 3ds with BannerBomb3 but it crashed when I opened DsiWare in Data Management. I have installed hacks on my 3ds a year ago but uninstalled them using a youtube video tutorial. Any idea what's wrong?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was trying to hack my 3ds with BannerBomb3 but it crashed when I opened DsiWare in Data Management. I have installed hacks on my 3ds a year ago but uninstalled them using a youtube video tutorial. Any idea what's wrong?
Probably that you uninstalled cfw in the first place? heh. anyways. What error shows up when you try to open dsiware management?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uninstall CFW is almost never a solution and pretty much always a bad idea. But… if one is dead set on doing so, then do it according to The Guide, and not with some YouTube video.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/uninstall-cfw
This is the most safe method of removing all homebrew and CFW stuff and nothing bad should happen when following it (including Data Management crashes). It still is of no use to remove CFW.

So. Looking at the troubleshooting page https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#bannerbomb3 gives:
DSiWare Management menu crashes without purple screen

Ensure that F00D43D5.bin is the only file in Nintendo 3DS -> <ID0> <ID1> -> Nintendo DSiWare. If it is, then re-create it with the BannerBomb3 tool. If this fails, then custom firmware may have been uninstalled on this device in a way that makes this method impossible to perform. If this is the case, join Nintendo Homebrew on Discord for assistance.

Any reason for using the BannerBomb3 method? I guess you have run the Seedminer part, got your movable.sed and can now proceed with
https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(pichaxx)

SpyGuyB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall CFW is almost never a solution and pretty much always a bad idea. But… if one is dead set on doing so, then do it according to The Guide, and not with some YouTube video.

This is the most safe method of removing all homebrew and CFW stuff and nothing bad should happen when following it (including Data Management crashes). It still is of no use to remove CFW.

So. Looking at the troubleshooting page gives:

Any reason for using the BannerBomb3 method? I guess you have run the Seedminer part, got your movable.sed and can now proceed with
I did Pichaxx and it worked, thanks!
(had to remove links, new account.)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning