Homebrew 3DS Cracktros - Would they ever be a thing?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Too bad you can get arrested for putting your scene name out though since the cops can literally track you down.
How would including an intro subject groups to arrest any more than normal releases? Also, I hate the idea of replacing the boot splash. Again, this creates bad dumps. It would no longer be a 1:1 copy. My idea of releasing a separate 3dsx is a lot better if a group did decide to make an intro.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: Deleted User

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So why would you want them if it's a net negative for everyone involved? Are you arguing for them or just asking, because if it's the latter I think you just answered your own question.
I said it would be interesting, you don't need to flash them everywhere, it would be a concept.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How would including an intro subject groups to arrest any more than normal releases?
Because you're literally showing your name, giving Police information.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Here, I made this for you menuhax users.
A user on the thread came up with the name "cracksplashes"
Here's one for menuhax, as it's the easiest to use.

Attachments

• imagedisplay.png
    imagedisplay.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 200

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember that one of the Golden Sun scene releases had a hidden cracktro, which would only display if you held L+R whilst booting the rom.
Otherwise you might never know it even existed!

Reactions: CeeDee

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
someone i "know" (online),injected pokemon sapphire on a wii u, and managed to post a screenshot of the cracktro to miiverse
Dang, some people in the PS3 scene managed to make cracktros for PS3 games, like GTA V and The Last of Us.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
He against it because the entire idea is terrible. Why would anyone want to see an stupid intro every time the boot their favorite game?
If you go through the thread it would be a splash screen change that goes for like 3 seconds

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you are against all this, just leave.
The point of this thread is "will they ever be a thing" every one of us who oppose have stated reason on why they shouldn't be.

Also, with things like CIAngel providing clean "dumps" to every downloadable title, it makes Cracktros a thing that only people like you (nostalgia addicts) would want.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't matter if its 3 seconds or an hour. No one wants to see who dumped the game every single time they boot it.
Since when do you fucking stare at the Nintendo 3DS logo every time you boot the game, you take no notice of it whatsoever, and it would be optional to take notice of this too.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when do you fucking stare at the Nintendo 3DS logo every time you boot the game, you take no notice of it whatsoever, and it would be optional to take notice of this too.
I myself am blind to it. For me everything go faster then it should. Menuhax only takes 5 seconds for me. A9lh only takes 2. The Nintendo 3ds logo takes half a second. Sonic 06's long loading times take 10 seconds for me.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This Belongs in the EoF w/ the Shitshow this is turning out to be. the % of people who want this is so verry small a verry niche thing/market/wtf ever

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
And now this thread is turning into a mess due to the amounts of negativity. To think you can have an idea, and have it being neglected due to the nitpicky criticism. Don't like it? Don't participate in the thread. You're not only creating issues for yourself, but someones idea they had hopes on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?