3DS Continues its Reign of Terror and PSvita Pulls a Miracle

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol so if psvita sold 1k last week and this week 2k, that's a 100% increase.
Exactly. That's what it means. The 1000 people who bought it said "hey, it's cool" to their 2000 friends which took that endorsement to the heart, bought the system and then recommended it to the 4000 friends they have. That's how economy works.
The fact is the raw numbers aren't somthing to be proud of. That said it will increase when good software is available.
Raw numbers are the only thing a person can base their argument on when it comes to sales charts. The sales will indeed increase even more when better software for the console is available.

Admittedly the console had a rough start and the sales slowed down soon after the release, but they're rolling right back in now, and if the software flow will be steady from now on (we can only hope) the system will get more and more popular.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exactly. That's what it means. The 1000 people who bought it said "hey, it's cool" to their 2000 friends which took that endorsement to the heart, bought the system and then recommended it to the 4000 friends they have. That's how economy works.

Errr seems like you didn't understand. I was implying percentages are bullshit to look at over raw figures. When the actual numbers are that low, stating it in percentage increase won't change the fact.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
ps3 sold more than psvita? hmm blue dongles must be selling well too.

actually this topic says that the situation is going to be the same unless the vita sells in US and for a lower price.

thats absolutely true. what i was thinking is tht the flow of ps3s should be lower now as fewer ppl dont have it while the vita is a new system.
but what u said as a rebuttal is a completion of the argument that its not worth it yet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Errr seems like you didn't understand. I was implying percentages are bullshit to look at over raw figures. When the actual numbers are that low, stating it in percentage increase won't change the fact.
Listen.

All of a sudden, Tales reaches the very podium on a Top Sales chart as far as games are concerned. "Mirraculously" as some put it, the Vita breaks the spell of the PSP and starts selling 20% better, getting ahead of its predecessor (which still sells and will be selling great due to the large library and Vita's lack of a UMD drive, hence lack of the ability to play UMD titles and used games, unlike the 3DS which is 100% backwards-compatible with DS cartridges hence the pittiful sales of the DS).

Coincidence? No. Sales increase? Yes. Meaningful? Yes, because we're capable of analyzing market data with just those 4 figures - Tales sales, PSP sales, DS sales and Vita sales by comparing them and using common sense.

Reactions: 1 person

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So...what will you imply if the sales double next week? or again the week after?

more sales = more sales... not sure where you're getting confused there...

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Listen.

All of a sudden, Tales reaches the very podium on a Top Sales chart as far as games are concerned. "Mirraculously" as some put it, the Vita breaks the spell of the PSP and starts selling 20% better, getting ahead of its predecessor (which still sells and will be selling great due to the large library and Vita's lack of a UMD drive, hence lack of the ability to play UMD titles and used games, unlike the 3DS which is 100% backwards-compatible with DS cartridges hence the pittiful sales of the DS).

Coincidence? No. Sales increase? Yes. Meaningful? Yes, because we're capable of analyzing market data with just those 4 figures - Tales sales, PSP sales, DS sales and Vita sales by comparing them and using common sense.

You make no sense to me.

The actual numbers are awful regardless. Is it that hard to comprehend my sentence?

yes, there's an increase, nothing delicious yet.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Listen.

You make no sense to me.

The actual numbers are awful regardless. Is it that hard to comprehend my sentence?

I'm betting if they made Pokemon games for the PSV you'd be more impressed ;)

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Listen.

You make no sense to me.

I'm betting if they made Pokemon games for the PSP you'd be more impressed ;)

Absolutely. :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You make no sense to me.

Not even once have I said that the sales are wonderful now and tomorrow we'll live in Vita land - what I said is that it's a meanigful increase that can be explained by means of analisis. When games sell great, system sales increase because you need the system to play them - it's really that simple. If one title can boost up sales by 4k then a cavalcade of titles that'll be released this quarter can multiply the sales tenfold - and they're comming starting February as far as I remember. It's worth to have a look at the release dates of the upcomming Vita games, because Q1 will be *pretty hot*.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You make no sense to me.

Not even once have I said that the sales are wonderful now and tomorrow we'll live in Vita land - what I said is that it's a meanigful increase that can be explained by means of analisis. When games sell great, system sales increase because you need the system to play them - it's really that simple. If one title can boost up sales by 4k then a cavalcade of titles that'll be released this quarter can multiply the sales tenfold - and they're comming starting February as far as I remember. It's worth to have a look at the release dates of the upcomming Vita games, because Q1 will be *pretty hot*.
Lets drop it, I'm glad we're on the same boat now. We all know good software will push the Vita even further. Q1 definitely looks good!

Okay, so your comments are coming from a fanboy's perspective. Good that we could clear this up.
I'm a loyal fanboy of Pokemon, not company's name attached to a hardware. If you're referring to that type. ;)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Okay, so your comments are coming from a fanboy's perspective. Good that we could clear this up.
What with the changing the PSV to PSP, I think he may be trolling you.

Well, I mistyped PSP instead of PSV and he quoted it before I fixed it. I'm nowhere near as good as you, machomuu, when it comes to editing my posts and changing their meaning when I catch myself being a douchebag. I will watch your posts more closely to see if I can't pick up on your level of skill and technique. Good lookin out tho bro.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Very surprised that RE got #2. Seriously.

And as for pokemon on Vita, I'll be super hypa hyped because it's something which is near impossible to happen.

Also, OK article but awkward (and crazy - fanboylicious title)

Reactions: 2 people

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Nintendos reign of terror isnt news at all, when the DS outsells the 3ds in a week, now THAT would be interesting news.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome