Hardware 3DS Constantly in 3d even with the slider all the way down

ars25

I like tacos and pie
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my 3ds is constantly in 3d mode.. it all happened around a month or 2 back i was playing and i fell asleep. woke up the next day and it was constantly in 3d mode. and so it brings me to today i got frustrated so i tried to open it up which ended in failure as i couldn't get some off the screws off. so any ideas guys

Spork Schivago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, you really should buy a precision screw driver set so you don't end up stripping the screws. That's kind of a must. My guess would be a possible bad solder joint on the slider? I dunno. It's just a guess. I don't really know a lot about these 3DSes. If you could get a decent screw driver set, you could take it apart and take some high res images of the area of the board where the slider is.

SmileCitrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speaker cable is either damaged or there's dirt or corrosion on the P7 connector preventing the cable from making proper contact. If you get the right screwdriver you might want to try cleaning and reseating the speaker cable. Usually this kind of problem means the cable is actually physically torn slightly, but if you're lucky it may just be contact problems with the connector that can be solved by cleaning.

Reactions: Spork Schivago

Spork Schivago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The speaker cable is either damaged or there's dirt or corrosion on the P7 connector preventing the cable from making proper contact. If you get the right screwdriver you might want to try cleaning and reseating the speaker cable. Usually this kind of problem means the cable is actually physically torn slightly, but if you're lucky it may just be contact problems with the connector that can be solved by cleaning.
If the OP could take good pictures after opening it up, we might be able to give a better diagnosis. I like yours the best though. I was thinking it could be a bad solder joint or something. Maybe the OP can try wiggling the slider switch a little, just to see if it starts working. You know, hold it up, while having it turned all the way down, see if 3D turns off, etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more