3ds completes its first year. Total sales 4.5m (usa)

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Disclaimer: If this topic doesnt deserve to be in USN then please move it to the appropriate place.This may not be news for some people rather just an update so move it needed.

large.jpg

3DS recently hit 4m console sales in the United States, and Nintendo of America has just revealed the system sales now stand at over 4.5m in the U.S. alone.

By comparison, the Nintendo DS sold 2.4m units in the United States in its first 12 months, so 3DS has had a pretty good opening year.

Worldwide 3DS has sold nearly 16m units since its launch in February 2011.

Nintendo's other figures for comparison make enlightening reading:

Total HW units sold in first 12 months: DS — 2.3 million, 3DS — 4.5 million
Total number of SW titles released in first 12 months: DS — 58, 3DS — 100+
Total units of software sold in first 12 months: DS — 5 million, 3DS — 9 million+
Total $ sales (HW, SW and accessory) in first 12 months: DS — $540 million, 3DS — $1.2 billion+

Source:http://www.nintendol...us_sales_so_far

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Still another 2/3 weeks to complete its first year in the US, that's not bad nearly doubling up against the DS. DS really took off in its second year, interesting stuff to see.

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Still another 2/3 weeks to complete its first year in the US, that's not bad nearly doubling up against the DS. DS really took off in its second year, interesting stuff to see.
haha,as if the 3ds wont have a good second year, with some sick new titles coming i am sure 3ds would be able to cross if not on par with the ds. :ha:

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha,as if the 3ds wont have a good second year, with some sick new titles coming i am sure 3ds would be able to cross if not on par with the ds. :ha:
Twin stick 3DS and monster hunter this year, yeah that'd be a beast, actually MH doesn't sell well in the west, probably could if Nintendo can influence it in some way. Lets see if any more big titles are announced at this years E3. 2D Mario is also hitting the shores this year and maybe that new 3DS zelda game will come out late this year as well.

saberjoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Twin stick 3DS and monster hunter this year, yeah that'd be a beast, actually MH doesn't sell well in the west, probably could if Nintendo can influence it in some way. Lets see if any more big titles are announced at this years E3. 2D Mario is also hitting the shores this year and maybe that new 3DS zelda game will come out late this year as well.
you mean the circle pad pro right?
and lol at completely leaving out kid icarus

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you mean the circle pad pro right?
and lol at completely leaving out kid icarus
Well I meant a 3DSXL revision with two circle pads. I was focusing on new games that would be ready for the holiday season, that's where they big money is made. ;)

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
16 million people to play online against! whoop!

I just recently got one so this is great news.

I have been getting streetpass hits nearly every single day and usually a few at once (groups of friends I guess)
I like how their are lots of built in games and just walking near someone with a 3ds helps me complete those games. Also you get coins for walking and you can buy in-game extras with them, along with this you have Nintendo video and eurosport 3d and the eshop make this a great system to own. I am very pleased with my purchase.

_elf_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Very nice..didn't see that coming so soon..
Hope that happens in Europe too. Want some more Streepass :lol:

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I never thought I'd be so pleased with my 3DS. Starfox643DS, Mario Kart7, SFIV... we have some quality games in there (which weren't available in NDS), plus some brand new ones AND 3rd party support. Capcom has been quite helpful in terms of sales to Nintendo, plus having some gems ported to handhelds

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
At the rate its going soon everyone who knows about the 3DS will have one. Then Nintendo will lose sales because everyone will already own one.

I am sure that Nintendo will be distraught if they manage to sell a 3DS to everyone that could possibly buy one. :sad:
I have a hunch they wouldn't be very depressed about it. xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: