3DS cartridges, game boxes, system colors

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some images of the prototype game cards, game boxes, and some new colors you may not have seen. First of all, here's a look at the new game cartridge design for 3DS games-

3DS17.jpg

Another screen at a different angle (back)-
3DS12.jpg

The new cartridges look very similar to DS cards. A small plastic piece juts out slightly from the rest of the card. This may be something like the original GBA, which had a switch inside the system to tell it whether you were playing a Gameboy game or a new GBA game. This may be to trigger a compatibility feature to tell the system it's playing a 3DS game, differentiating between a DS game. All speculation on my part though. Final design may change. [/p]

The new 3DS box-
3DS23.jpg
3DS22.jpg

Again, the final design of the game boxes may change. As you can see here, the logo is now on the opposite side of where it is on the DS (or any other Nintendo handheld in fact). The 3DS logo is now on the right, the logo is usually on the left. This means that the opening is on the side with the logo. I didn't notice this at first, thanks to Gore for pointing this out to me on chat!
wink.gif
[/p]

And lastly, a collection of some different 3DS system colors, some i don't believe have been seen yet-
Purple-
3DS14.jpg
3DS13.jpg

Orange-
3DS10.jpg
3DS08.jpg

Red-
3DS02.jpg
3DS05.jpg

Blue-
3DS04.jpg
3DS01.jpg

And again, lastly, E3 Nintendo employees claim that this 3DS is a prototype and the final may indeed look a lot different. [/p]

More screens can be found here for different angles of the 3DS colors-
http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/e3-2010...fotos-5223.html

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have to say, it looks gorgeous. With all these pictures of everything it really seems like it may be out this holiday season. Definitely getting a red one but that orange looks fantastic.

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, had not seen those yet....

i gotta say the orange one is the best of a bad bunch....
I hope the release a matte white one personally.

i guess judging by the cartridge style that the slot will be the same size as current DS ones but wider at the top to allow the extra bit to fit in. So DS cart would still be secure but there will be a little gap at the top on one side.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The hardware itself sounds incredible, but the colors are all awful. I hate the metallic look, and I hate the actual colors, so combining them gives me a system I'm ashamed to use in public. (Though, to be fair, my DS Lite is coral pink. And awesome. At the same time.)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
I hope they change the design, looks clunky to me.

Good chance it might happen, remember this?

nintendo-ds-best-of-e3-2004-20040521080303003.jpg
Honestly just looks like a DSi from the outside to me. And it is only tenths of an inch thicker than the DSi according to the specs. The design seems fine as it is, but if they can make it thinner/smaller and move the headphone port ti would be even better.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
I hope they change the design, looks clunky to me.

Good chance it might happen, remember this?

nintendo-ds-best-of-e3-2004-20040521080303003.jpg
Yeah and i'd say there's a pretty good chance actually. There are several videos floating around of people playing the system where Nintendo employees came up and basically said "yeah it will probably change in design on the final model". And it's not hard to do fast either. That old DS prototype was shown off at E3 2004, and the final was released in November of the same year. I don't think they'll have to delay it much to make such a change.
biggrin.gif

I don't mind the design too much, but it could use some work. No denying that. I'd be happy and satisfied with the current model though if i had to be.

@Joe88-

A good idea, you may be right there. 3DS games could short the DS out or something lol! $5 bets that when the system comes out, modders will trim the card and try it on a normal DS to see what happens!
laugh.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spikey-green.jpg

I want the 3DS in green, like this. (Thanks Zarcon for the sexiness brought to life by your photoshop).

Please Nintendo, give this color to me. I'll love you forever.
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.google.com/search?q=MSU+Genesis&rlz=1C1VDKB_enUS988US988&oq=MSU+Genesis&gs_lcrp=EgZja...