3DS Cartridge .SAV convert to .CIA save?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rukariouzu, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Rukariouzu
    OP

Rukariouzu GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    I'm running on an O3DS, using CFW 10.6.0-31U sysNAND AL9H.

I decided to Homebrew my 3DS because a lot of my 3DS Carts were stolen awhile
    back. That said... my saves were stolen with them. Most of them being 100% Completion.

Is there something I can use to convert .SAV files from "friends" to work with installed .CIA games?

=====

[In other words, I no longer have carts, I use JV's Save Manager and I need .BIN files, etc.]

[I've looked everywhere and I haven't found a pinpoint answer. Help would be very much appreciated..]

=====

Last edited by Rukariouzu, Mar 14, 2016
  2. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    The other idea is if I can get 100% Completion CIA Save files for Ocarina of Time 3D, A Link Between Worlds, and Hyrule Warriors Legends.

The rest I don't care for, honestly ... but those are the main three I'm needing.

3. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Use savedatafiler. Get the game on card with the completed save, run SDF with card inserted, mark CTR-Card and export the save with 'Y' to sd card. Go to the sd tab highlight the save and import it to the cia version with 'R+A'. Done.

Make sure you have the same region of the card and the cia version.

Edit: of course this works with JKs save manager too.

Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    I've already used Savedatafiler just to see if I could use it, but because of what I just quoted in your reply... that doesn't matter.

I don't have carts, they were stolen.

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    GW method
    1) Rent a GW (if you can't, then it's over, you can go to bed)
    2) Change .sav's filename into 000400000FF40A00.sav and put it to your 3DS SD root
    3) Launch SaveDataFiler and dump CTR card save
    4) Go to SD and press R+A to restore the save to your installed CIA

MT method
    1) If your 3DS is not 4.X, downgrade it to 4.X
    2) Rent a MT (if you can't, then it's over, you can go to bed)
    3) Change .sav's filename into <3DS ROM>.sav and put it to your MT MicroSD
    4) Launch the ROM
    5) Open SaveDataFiler CIA and dump CTR card save
    6) Go to SD and press R+A to restore the save to your installed CIA

No 3rd method.

Last edited by MelonGx, Mar 14, 2016
    MUDD_BR likes this.
  6. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Last edited by GothicIII, Mar 14, 2016
  7. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    "Rent"? ... Honestly I'm broke and I don't even have a dollar. Lol

If push comes to shove, I may have to find a way to get one anyway I guess.

I have found a few posts to various, but they are usually in the wrong region or they don't match my completion rate.

It would be nice if someone just made a Save Extractor that pulled both .sav and decrypted .bin files. At least then no one would have an "excuse" not to post both versions for their followers.

... I'm just holding onto the idea that someone has made a program and they haven't publicized it yet.

Last edited by Rukariouzu, Mar 14, 2016
  8. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Saves are encrypted with a game header and there is no 'free' way to decrypt them without a 3ds and the possessing of that game(header).

All flashcards for 3ds use a encrypted save too because it's easier to implement an existing feature then to develop an onthefly encrypter/decrypter.

Btw. The region of a game is not a problem. Most games can use outofregion saves. You just need to edit the titleid of a sdf-exported save or the folder name of the game where jksm saves the games.

Rukariouzu likes this.
  9. Rukariouzu
    OP

Jan 7, 2015
    United States
    Good information to know, but I think I'm too lazy. Bwahaha; though if it's just renaming the folder name, then that shouldn't be too bad.

I may be able to find some decrypted saves, knowing that I don't have to worry about a region issue now.