3DS Cart Icon No Longer Shows After Transitioning Back from DS MODE

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by XDel, Apr 10, 2015.

1. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I'm on a Gateway, using old 4.x firmware on a 3DS XL. I was running the 3DS side with 9x Firmware with the virtual NAND.

I had loaded the Blue cart to play NDS games. After I was done, I ran the software to reconfigure my 3DS for 3DS mode, but upon booting with the Red card loading the virtual NAND via the options menu, I still do not see an Icon showing for the Red cart, nor does pressing "select" do anything. I can still run the downloaded content from the 3DS default menu though.

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    So after you were done w the DS games, did you reinstall the 3ds exploit using the grey Gateway card BEFORE you loaded up the red card again?
    If that exploit isn't reloaded after each time you play DS games, you won't see the red gateway card in emunand.

3. XDel
    OP

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Yes, that is exactly what I did.

4. XDel
    OP

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I wrote Gateway about 2 weeks ago or so... no response.

5. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    I doubt there is but make sure there's no suspended software, it disables red card until you close the software.

6. XDel
    OP

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    No, it's not that, because after setting things back up for 3DS mode with the Blue Cart, I have to power off the system, put in the Red Cart, and turn it back on.