Hardware 3ds capture card raspberry pi setup

WillowTheWhisper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a RPi 3 B+ up and running with the 3DS Viewer software thanks to this post. (Thanks to RubyOtaku and WilliowTheWhisper!)

I do a have question though. There seems to be some pretty serious audio latency while using the viewer software. Upon startup of the Pi, the audio is synced, but over the course of about a minute, the audio becomes more and more laggy, until it's about a second behind the visuals. Is this normal behavior for the 3B+? Perhaps it's not powerful enough to run the viewer software without issues?
The 3B+ truly just isn't powerful enough to handle that, I would highly recommend upgrading to a Pi4. This issue is decidedly less pronounced on a Pi4 but still present - though it takes an hour+ instead of minutes. The viewer software is still getting updated and support is still being provided for it, but not through the Keity brand. Link to the blog where updates are posted: https://blog-non-standard.blogspot.com/

Shadouian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Sephiroth
Unfortunately, this is how the viewer works at this point and probably won't get fixed, seeing as how Keity is out of business... The only known work-around is to use the 3.5mm jack on the 3DS itself for sound output.
Very late response here on my end... but thanks for the confirmation. I figured the Pi 3B+ hardware might not be up to snuff, but it's still surprising to me that this was sold like this once upon a time. I have tried the 3.5mm jack on the 3DS and that worked fine, just a bit of a hassle with the extra wire. Thanks again!

Shadouian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3B+ truly just isn't powerful enough to handle that, I would highly recommend upgrading to a Pi4. This issue is decidedly less pronounced on a Pi4 but still present - though it takes an hour+ instead of minutes. The viewer software is still getting updated and support is still being provided for it, but not through the Keity brand. Link to the blog where updates are posted:
Sorry for the late response... and thanks for the info. Glad to hear the Pi4 hardware handles things better - I don't think having to reset the TV viewer every hour or so would be that big of a deal. I think I'll try setting up a Pi4 for this in the near future. Does the Pi4 work with the same Pi software/viewer combination you described in a previous post?

Also, thanks for the link, happy to see there's some work being done for Windows 11 support.

SephirothFan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's some updated documentation for this topic; hope it helps! (This ISN'T COMPLETE by the way, haha!)

Attachments

• readme-english.pdf
    40.8 KB · Views: 29
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: https://youtube.com/shorts/IgnvdONcqYI?feature=share