heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
A report surfaced this week at Wired that claimed both the 3DS eShop and the handheld’s internet browser would not make it out at launch, and instead be added in a later firmware update. However, today Nintendo of Europe have issued a statement confirming that those features will indeed be available when the console debuts, as well as detailing what to expect on the eShop on day one.

Whilst the features will not come on the console out of the box, they will be included in a launch day update in Europe, a Nintendo representative has confirmed to Eurogamer. However, it’s unclear what the situation is for North America, where Wired were told at the New York event about the delay for networked services, and a spokesperson for Nintendo America gave the following non-commital response: “Games and services offered by Nintendo can vary by region. Nintendo of America will release additional information about Nintendo eShop, including timing, content and pricing, at a later date.”

The eShop will feature downloadable titles specific to the new console under the ’3DS Ware’ brand, as well as those previously released for the DSi. Games from the GameBoy brand’s past will also be made available, although whilst the 3DS’s original announcement included mention of “Classics in 3D”, that feature has disappeared from recent statements. Demos and trailers will also make their way onto the service.
Source

So it's available with a firmware update on day one, cool! It was previously stated these features wouldn't be.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Given how shit the UK launch lineup looks right now there had better be something pretty fuckin' good on this day one. What happened to the good old days of console launches like the N64/SNES? When the big names were out in force to show you what a console could do with its best and brightest, rather than showing up months later, almost at random?

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let's see whether they'll do the same as with the DSi, giving free points and very few games worth getting
tongue.gif
. Seriously though, I wonder if Link's Awakening will be available from day one too (and what about the 3d movies? will we be able to get them via the shop too? would seem cheaper then buying a card everytime).

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nasune said:
Let's see whether they'll do the same as with the DSi, giving free points and very few games worth getting
tongue.gif
. Seriously though, I wonder if Link's Awakening will be available from day one too (and what about the 3d movies? will we be able to get them via the shop too? would seem cheaper then buying a card everytime).
No points anymore, giving real money now =P

nasune

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heartgold said:
nasune said:
tongue.gif

This gave me the silly image of a coin slot on the side of the 3DS
tongue.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder who made the web browser this time, Opera or Nintendo in-house. With the Wii and DSi, those systems had Opera browsers and it would be nice to see the partnership continue. I just hope that the 3DS browser has flash support.

Posts merged

I wonder who made the web browser this time, Opera or Nintendo in-house. With the Wii and DSi, those systems had Opera browsers and it would be nice to see the partnership continue. I just hope that the 3DS browser has flash support.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nasune said:
heartgold said:
nasune said:
tongue.gif

This gave me the silly image of a coin slot on the side of the 3DS
tongue.gif
haha I imagined the same thing when I read your post lol

Anyway here's the Source
No stupid points anymore.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes flash would be awesome
the dsi browser is not too great but it works
flash would be wicked
pandora radio would be possible
or they can...
make and app for that and dub
"theres and app for that"
lol

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
"Demos and trailers will also make their way onto the service."

The only thing legit about a flash cart is homebrew now.

no?
demos usually show only good parts of games.
NOT TO MENTION flashcarts save me from carrying around a bunch of games. if they have an install game to sd card, then only legit uses for a cart is homebrew.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they should do that
like with pc
you buy a cd and install it and stash the cd away
they could make it one time use or two time use or require a key
only problem is the need for a super huge amount of storge
with the abillity for games to get to 8gb

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heartgold said:
Demos? Developers like Street fighter is offering us something like that! Free downloadable version to play a trial to see how the game is.

http://www.3dsbuzz.com/free-street-fighter...d-for-everyone/

Awesome, isn't it?

Wow that pretty cool, cheers for the info!
Pretty sure im going to pick the game up on launch anyways.

Shame theres no current info on the 3ds browser. Would be nice to know about flash, speed increased and new features (If there are any). The dsi browser is alright for quick use, but
the lack of features is just annoying after a while.

Man the eShop is going to be cool!!
STOKED!!!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
nasune said:
eriously though, I wonder if Link's Awakening will be available from day one too (and what about the 3d movies? will we be able to get them via the shop too? would seem cheaper then buying a card everytime).

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interview.ht...do-3ds-made/0/8
QUOTEItoi: I see. Nintendo 3DS can be thought of as a device for viewing 3D videos.
Iwata: Exactly. It is possible to distribute trailers to Nintendo 3DS. And it's possible to distribute them to a Nintendo 3DS in a Wi-Fi environment while the user sleeps.
Itoi: Really…
Miyamoto: You can slip it in at night, and then when the owner wakes up in the morning and turns on the system, a new video is waiting.
Itoi: I think that concept was already there with the Wii console, but I feel like with a handheld, you can enjoy that more easily.
Iwata: I suppose so.

Sure seems confirmed for eShop.
Could just be trailers, but I wouldn't put it past them to have a netflix like system rather than having movies on cart's.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heartgold said:
Demos? Developers like Street fighter is offering us something like that! Free downloadable version to play a trial to see how the game is.

Awesome, isn't it?
I didn't know Street Fighter was a developer.

In all seriousness, I practically only use Ryu, so this is kinda awesome for me (although I'm trying to hold out until the first 3DS rehash).

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YayMii said:
heartgold said:

Awesome, isn't it?
I didn't know Street Fighter was a developer.

In all seriousness, I practically only use Ryu, so this is kinda awesome for me (although I'm trying to hold out until the first 3DS rehash).
'Developers of' Do you seriously need to nitpick? -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."