OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, does someone knows Briscola?
Briscola is a popular italian card game and i made years ago a Briscola card game for PSP (PSPBriscola).

PSPBriscola was coded in LUA (LPHM7) so i managed to port it to my LUA interpreter (lpp-3ds) because lpp-3ds syntax is very similar to LPHM7 syntax.

This port has been realized very fast so many things can be bugged, also, codes are very shitty because PSPBriscola is one of my first homebrew ever made (so there are routines that can be improved and also code isn't idented).

briscola.png

Some functionality of this hb:
- Customizable Cards Set (Neapolitan, Sardinian, Roman, French Poker, Bergamo's Cards, Sicilian)
- Customizable Table Background
- Customizable Music Background
- Dual Language: English and Italian
- Tutorial to learn how to play (sorry for the bad english in this tutorial)
- Singleplayer mode (only one difficult which is the corrispondent of Hard Mode in PSPBriscola v.1.4) and Local Multiplayer mode (only one console)
- Screenshot during game by pressing L button

Thanks to:
- shadow_95 for the Sicilian and Roman sets
- Simoncrue for the Bergamo's cards set
- Brian_User for the Sardinian set and for coloured tables
- the_biglollo for the final icon
- sonicco for the test icons

Download:

If you encounter a bug, please report it so i can fix it.

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

Arisotura

rise of melonism
Trophies
Website
kuribo64.net
XP
Country
France
Seems you used the blargSNES font. Not being a credit whore or anything, but if you took my font drawing code, it's under the GPL, so you need to release your source code. (the font itself is an edited version of Zelda TWW's debug font, so I don't demand credit for it)

Other than that, interesting project, it's nice to see that the 3DS homebrew scene isn't all emulators :P

Reactions: st4rk and Idaho

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, i used font in your repo for LPP but i haven't seen the header with copyright that you putted in all other files so i didn't know if you created the font or you just used it and it was a free font. I'll credit you in LPP repo with next repo update :P

3DS Briscola is completely open source (it is a LUA homebrew, the src are visible in .lua files). (There are no way to obfuscate a lua homebrew, if you use luaC, is quite simple to decompile the files with luaDec).

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Beautiful one of faves, scopa would also be nice but if it's possible can you make briscola 500? I don't even know if it's popular in Italy but it's briscola with 5 cards in hand and the brisk is called when king and queen are in your hand if the same suit not a flipped card on the table like normal briscola. I know it sounds like a lot to ask just figured I'd give you a shoutout since I find many briscola games on iPhone but never 500

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Beautiful one of faves, scopa would also be nice but if it's possible can you make briscola 500? I don't even know if it's popular in Italy but it's briscola with 5 cards in hand and the brisk is called when king and queen are in your hand if the same suit not a flipped card on the table like normal briscola. I know it sounds like a lot to ask just figured I'd give you a shoutout since I find many briscola games on iPhone but never 500
Never heard! I will try a day! Thanks

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
No plans to release new homebrews on 3DS cause scene is interested only on warez-related contents. My last release will be a playable version of TriaAl.
I'll probably move to PSVITA scene cause PSP scene was so damn good for devs instead of this 3DS scene.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
No plans to release new homebrews on 3DS cause scene is interested only on warez-related contents. My last release will be a playable version of TriaAl.
I'll probably move to PSVITA scene cause PSP scene was so damn good for devs instead of this 3DS scene.
You are right but we need some homebrew games, because the scene is poor and many of us need some cool homebrew...

I really miss the NDS homebrew scene... :/

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
You are right but we need some homebrew games, because the scene is poor and many of us need some cool homebrew...

I really miss the NDS homebrew scene... :/

Look at views/comments game homebrews received and then look at views/comments FBI, Big Red Menu, CHMM, Emulators, CFWs received.
It's a matter of fact that developing game homebrews for 3DS is like developing for yourself so why spending hours for a release who anyone cares about?

Nintendo users are only warez users differently to Sony users.

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Look at views/comments game homebrews received and then look at views/comments FBI, Big Red Menu, CHMM, Emulators, CFWs received.
It's a matter of fact that developing game homebrews for 3DS is like developing for yourself so why spending hours for a release who anyone cares about?

Nintendo users are only warez users differently to Sony users.
Mh...I don't agree with the last sentence because on NDS there was moooooore interest on homebrews...but ok. You are right with the others aspect.
I'm sorry that you leave 3ds scene...hope you will join again!

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm waiting for Ironhax, cause I don't got CN to use. I'm very interested in your projects, i think that we need good stuff like games, I don't care about emulation only about good homebrew, this looks certainly good.

Reactions: rewrewrew123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN