Hacking 3ds Boots up with a Black screen, restoring NAND didnt work

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was playing smash bros online when it suddenly froze when I was online, I pressed the power button to just return to the home menu (so i didnt turn it off completely) I went to the friends list and then it froze there as well. Now when I turn on the 3ds its just a black screen and the wifi doesnt turn on (the yellow light doesnt turn on). I tried restoring my nand backup with one that I made back in the end of july but that didn't help it's still boots up on a black screen. The luma menu and godmode9 menu still boot up just fine it's just trying to boot up to the regular home menu that boots up with just a black screen. Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I removed my Acekard 2i from my 3ds and now it boots up perfectly..... no idea why it works now that the flashcart ins't inserted that's really weird haha (I have yet to done the crttransfer I was currently downloading the crttransfer image to do it but now I don't need it anyomre)
Thanks everyone for your help anyways! :)

Last edited by Eddypikachu,
Reactions: Hayato213

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a common issue, it happens with my old R4i Gold card too which I have permanently inserted, and sometimes after cleaning the 3ds it gets shifted a little and the contacts aren't good anymore, usually a removal and firm reinsertion fixes the problem, but completely removing the card is also a solution if I don't need any old DS games.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also sometimes when a card (or a flashcart) has it's ROM corrupted, inserting it while the console is in the home menu will cause it to freeze, and powering on the console with the card inserted will cause a black screen

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: MegaGenesis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs