3ds blue light on for 2s then dims off

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Petoria, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    Okay...basically i formatted my New 3DSXL SD card in my phone and when i place it back to the New 3DS XL it does not work anymore like when i on it the blue light turns on for 2s then dims off. Any kind soul mind helping me to get it back on and teach me step by step... im noob at this and i was an idiot at that time....

2. PewnyPL

PewnyPL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    I am going to guess your 3DS is modded with A9LH and Luma. You need to put Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin onto the root of the SD card, put it into 3DS and then start it.

3. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    Yeap i did that and it's not working

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeap i did that and it's not working

4. Asdolo

Asdolo the Hedgehog

Apr 29, 2016
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires
    Make sure your SDcard has FAT32 file system.

5. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    And how do i know whether i have FAT32 file system, and how to have it in the SD card?

6. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Yeah, that's a good point, a phone could likely format the card to ex-FAT instead. You will need to put it into a PC and go to Computer, it will tell you on the bottom what filesystem is on it. If it's not FAT32, then follow this guide if it's a 64GB or higher card: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-64-gb-sdxc-cards-with-3ds.409860/
    If it's 32GB or less, then in Windows right click on the card in the Computer, select format and make sure you choose FAT32, Windows may automatically choose NTFS or exFAT still.

7. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    Okay will give it a try whether it works or not

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Or he could format the card using the (no emuNAND) option in EmuNAND9. That would just require him to get another SD card that's already FAT32 formatted (32GB and smaller are usually FAT32 formatted) and place EmuNAND9's arm9loaderhax.bin payload on it using his phone, no PC needed. Then unmount the SD once in emuNAND9 and swap with the other one.

9. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    That looks complicated and troublesome...haha thanks for trying

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    It kind of is. Just suggesting it as an alternative if you don't have a PC at hand.

11. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    I have it but since its a desktop it does not have sd slot or a micro sd slot

12. ElijahZAwesome

ElijahZAwesome GBATemp's official... uh... uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jul 12, 2016
    United States
    Narnia
    theres lots of adapters for that, but most desktops have an SD slot, i think. actually i think desktops have a better chance of having one than a laptop.

13. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    Thanks alot guys it work well!! <3 Now trying to mod back all my homebrew and stuff, once again thanks alot appreciate it!

14. Petoria
    OP

Petoria Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2017
    Senegal
    But now comes another issue whereby i follow guide of installing AL9H..they told to me to go to an URL from my console 3ds xl and is stuck at arm11.bin loading and when i switch to computer i cannot find the opt.bin file so how?

15. PewnyPL

Feb 2, 2014
    Poland
    Wait, you already HAVE A9LH. If formatting the card and putting arm9loaderhax.bin caused the console to boot up then it proves you already have it.