Hacking 3ds black screen on startup (sd card also corrupted)

ThanatosP3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently my micro sd card in my 3ds just decided to corrupt itself for some reason. I tried turning it on without one and with a new one and got an arm 11 error. Even after disabling the arm 11 exception handlers I just get a black screen instead. I've pretty much tried everything I could find like holding L R A and Up while turning it on. I've also tried cleaning the battery as well even though I doubt that has anything to do with the problem. If anyone could help me with this issue I'd much appreciate it since I couldn't find anyone that had a problem exactly like this with the micro sd card being the issue.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently my micro sd card in my 3ds just decided to corrupt itself for some reason. I tried turning it on without one and with a new one and got an arm 11 error. Even after disabling the arm 11 exception handlers I just get a black screen instead. I've pretty much tried everything I could find like holding L R A and Up while turning it on. I've also tried cleaning the battery as well even though I doubt that has anything to do with the problem. If anyone could help me with this issue I'd much appreciate it since I couldn't find anyone that had a problem exactly like this with the micro sd card being the issue.
That arm error likely was that you need the latest luma boot.firm file on your sd card root. Aswell. make sure the card is formatted correctly to FAT32 with 32 kbs clusters.

Reactions: ThanatosP3

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ThanatosP3 You shouldn't disable the Arm11 error in Luma, it can cause corruptions. You should test your SD card with h2testw to see if it's a fake or genuine, place the luma/GodMode9 files after. You can't boot into Safe mode? Are you sure you did the button combo correctly? It's like this A+R+L+Up(DPad)

ThanatosP3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That arm error likely was that you need the latest luma boot.firm file on your sd card root. Aswell. make sure the card is formatted correctly to FAT32 with 32 kbs clusters.
Wow I didn't expect it to be that easy. I was already planning on buying a new 3ds, but I guess I didn't have to thanks a lot. Now I have to unfortunately get everything I had lost but at least I can use it again :)

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow I didn't expect it to be that easy. I was already planning on buying a new 3ds, but I guess I didn't have to thanks a lot. Now I have to unfortunately get everything I had lost but at least I can use it again :)
To be clear, you should update the version of Luma on your NAND, as in https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

You might be able to recover data from your SD card using standard PC file recovery software. Testdisk and EASUS are popular options.

ThanatosP3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks I'll make sure to update it on my nand. But also I had just found out that I had a backup folder on my pc with all my 3ds files since something like this has happened in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: