3DS battery Life + Other things (NDS game related)

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sonknuck23, Apr 4, 2011.

1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Lately, with how much I use my 3DS (not ALL the time, but often enough) It tends to last all day. Today, it died just recently (30 mins. agO). I just recently got a DS Game (pokemon black) and I noticed a few strange things. . .

1) I played it today, it was charging all night. I played on my way to work, during break, and on the way home, then I showed my friend who came to hang out the 3DS and he played it for a bit. In total, I'd say I played for about. . . 3 hours. Now, the game I played the MOST was Pokemon Black (NDS game.) The thing is, the 3D is automatically de-activated, but I left the switch all the way up, and wireless was on. I noticed that at the mall, my C-gear in Pokemon Black was working and my WiFi had 3 bars, but when I use 3DS mode, I can't seem to connect to the WiFi at the mall I work in. . . I left WiFi on and put it in sleep. Is it possible that the battery was decreasing 'cause while it was in sleep with a DS game with WiFi, it was draining due to the WiFi use? Is that possible?

2) I noticed that with the Wireless switch, if I turn it off, it goes off. If I turn it back on while in NDS mode, it doesn't go back on. I have to turn the system off and turn it back on. But in 3DS mode, it works perfectly. (on and off, etc.) Is this normal? (if so, then it's fine, I don't care. I just want to make sure that my system is working properly!)

3) When I went to the home menu, I took Pokemon Black out so my buddy could try Street Fighter IV in 3D. When I popped SF IV in, it didn't detect it. . . I had to turn the system back off and turn it back on again to detect it. Is that normal? I haven't tried it since, so maybe it was a one time thing. (Nothing's perfect, right? haha)

I just want to know if these things seem strange or if you guys know if these are normal, and etc.

Thanks in advance!!

2. johantheolive

Newcomer johantheolive Newbie

United States
    1) I'm not absolutely positive, but it may just be Pokemon black utilizing the wireless even in sleep mode but I don't normally play it with my wifi on. I carry my 3DS with me at college with the wireless on, but not in a game, and the battery doesn't drain quickly. I have noticed that the C-gear battery meter doesn't accurately show the battery life on the 3DS - it always showed one bar.

2) It seems that the wireless switch can't be used while running a DS game. Wireless has to be activated before launching the game or deactivated upon closing. The DS didn't have a hardware switch for wireless so we're no better off with DS games, but at least 3DS games work with it.

3) I've had a number of occasions where the system didn't immediately recognize the cartridge. I found that reinserting or blowing into the slot (remember those days?) it would work fine. I haven't noticed games not being detected in the past few days though.

3. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    For #1, the battery does decrease when using the C-Gear or playing online.

4. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    It must be the C-Gear. Awesome, thanks a lot guys. [​IMG]

5. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States

6. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    Haha, "RTFM" as they say. Probably should of done that. Thanks, this clears up a lot of questions I had. [​IMG]