Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
campbell00 said:
I'm curious: Does anyone actually play their DSi at full brightness? I NEVER use level 5 as it's too bright, and I infrequently ise level 4. The most I use is level 3.
I have both a Lite and a XL and on both I use level 2 brightness settings. All I need is screens to be brighter than the Phat.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Some say that the 3DS wastes more battery when 3D but I don't see why?

The 3DS don't use more processing power to output the dual L/R images (well not that it makes a huge difference anyway), the 3D effect is accomplished by having two in game cameras, the machine is still processing the same amount of polygons as in 2D but instead of having one view it has two, one for each eye.

As for the amount of pixels the 2D mode has still the same resolution as the 3D mode, but the difference is that in 2D it's the same images (same camera angels) that are being projected to both your left and right eye.

What the 3D slider does is moving the two in game cameras closer or further away from each other creating the illusion that the 3D becomes deeper, so that must mean that it's not something mechanical happening with the screen it's just the software moving these in game cameras.

You know the parental 3D lock they have? What it does is that it prevents the in game cameras from creating the 3d illusion.

This is how I think it works.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
i rarely play for more than 3 hours anyway, and, even then, i'm right next to a power socket. I don't play for long periods of time in the car as i feel sick and i can't imagine the 3d will help. Actually i think probably most people will feel travel sick while playing on lowest brightness (having to strain eyes), with full 3d, on a games console for 3 hours while going round all those bends in the roads.

Also, another point, if nintendo did actually say this, then it's probably just so people can't sue, and realistically it's probably about 5 - 7 hours.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wizzerzak said:
Also, another point, if nintendo did actually say this, then it's probably just so people can't sue, and realistically it's probably about 5 - 7 hours.
Well put, everyone knows that Nintendo likes to take a "safe path" when it comes to a new console/hand-held specs revealing. Remember the "3D might affect young kids" news?? Doctors gave their own reply that 3D infact helps in development of eye. I'll bet my cards on the battery life going as far as 5 to 12 hours (5 with 3D, 12 without).

Renegade Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It kinda sucks that it goes 8 hours max. What happens if there is a flashcart for the 3DS with a powerful CPU like an SCDS2? The battery would gone within the hour.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, so battery life will be low eh?
Its not too bad, but I was expecting a big leap in battery life this generation.
Though I guess the 3DS lite will have better battery life and smaller screens and buttons, then the 3DSi XL will fix all that but have no DS game support.

Eight hours of battery life worked well with constant daily use for me on my DS so its still rather good for a machine crunching that many calculations.

Though my question is if the machine gets hot over time.
Only a matter of time before handheld game machines start to have that problem I bet.

Still hoping the battery life will be improved before release though. I think ten hours is overkill, but will work great.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
monkat said:
Yeah, you hear a small number like 3 and immediately rage, but how long do you really need it to be?

This has been a problem with the PSP community for a while now - how often are you away from an AC plug (can't think of the name right now...you know what I'm talkin bout...willis.) for six hours available for gaming?

Really long car trips, maybe, but that's it.

But I hate playing with a cord sticking outta the side of my ds. Or in this case. Play the 3DS in its dock

Is it already possible to disable the pass by function and automatic wifi-ness\?

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Arithmatics said:
monkat said:
Yeah, you hear a small number like 3 and immediately rage, but how long do you really need it to be?

This has been a problem with the PSP community for a while now - how often are you away from an AC plug (can't think of the name right now...you know what I'm talkin bout...willis.) for six hours available for gaming?

Really long car trips, maybe, but that's it.

But I hate playing with a cord sticking outta the side of my ds. Or in this case. Play the 3DS in its dock

Is it already possible to disable the pass by function and automatic wifi-ness\?
There is a "WiFi slider" on the right side of it. Besides, get a grip on yourselves. Yes, 3 hours is horrible for a handheld device, but do you really think Nintendo, who, successfully, has made 4 DS's and 3 GBA's, will reduce the battery life all the way to 3 hours? They're not gonna shot themselves in the foot. It's probably how the battery is with full brightness and sound, and 3D on. And while playing it in heat. And with WiFi on.
Or who knows, maybe they're just trying to cover their legal asses, just like when they said that it might hurt younger childrens eyes.
C'mon guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, Very little on money right now, so not at this time. But I'd wish I had a fucking... +1