3DS and the M3i Zero (GMP-Z003)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JohnnyWycliffe, Oct 1, 2011.

Oct 1, 2011
  1. JohnnyWycliffe
    OP

Newcomer JohnnyWycliffe Newbie

United States
    Up until recently, I had a DSlite, but it broke. My brother has a DSlite and an R4. I decided that I would get a 3DS, but I realized that except for the dubious crown3DS or whatever, the 3DS hasn't been hacked.

I think i saw a few websites the said the M3i Zero (GMP-Z003) would work with a 3DS, but not with the 3DS games, or other functions. I would like confirmation of this.

I see three options before me:
    Buy a 3DS, and a M3i Zero (GMP-Z003), (if it works)
    wait for a hack to appear,
    or
    wait for the next version of the 3DS, and a hack for that.

I now that GBAtemp has lots of knowledgeable people, so thanks in advance!

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    DON'T GET ANYTHING M3

Okay to begin with: M3i Zero is not supported by the team anymore. Even though the team releases boot-strap updates (updates that will let you bypass dsi/3ds firmware updates that blocks flashcrts), they're usually like a few months late compared to other great carts and the updates usually fail anyways. They haven't updated their firmware for a long time; meaning, the game compatibility is terrible. Also they're usually pricier than other great carts, despite their crappyness.

Instead of getting a M3 cart, you're better off getting an acekard 2i or r4i Gold (from r4ids.cn but becarefull because theres a load of crap clones with 'Gold' in their name). They're both updated very fast when a dsi/3ds firmware blocks your cart and they work. acekard 2i has an unofficial firmware (AKAIO) and r4i Gold also has an unofficial firmware (wood r4) which are updated around once a month to boost compatibility.

NOTE: before using a flashcart on a 3ds, you have to check your 3ds' firmware. if your flashcart isn't compatible with your 3ds' firmware, you'll have to update your flashcart before using it on a 3ds. To do so, you'll have to update on a ds phat/lite; seems like your little bro has a ds lite so you won't have any problems.

3. JohnnyWycliffe
    OP

Newcomer JohnnyWycliffe Newbie

United States