Gaming 3DS Ambassador games not showing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepotter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a used 3DS and now it's updated to 3.0.0.6U
I checked for my ambassador status at
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup
and it said that I am an ambassador, however I can't seem to find the games anywhere to download.
And yes, I have checked where they should be in the eShop's Your Downloads section.
Is there anyway I can get them? or are they gone for good?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo....r-ht-amb-lookup
and it said that I am an ambassador, however I can't seem to find the games anywhere to download.
And yes, I have checked where they should be in the eShop's Your Downloads section.

Does it have the ambassador certific? Or did the guy you buy it from just say its ambassador?

joepotter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.nintendo....r-ht-amb-lookup

Does it have the ambassador certific? Or did the guy you buy it from just say its ambassador?
I bought it from a shop, checking the link told me that I am an Ambassador

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9467/ambassador.png

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo 3DS owners who performed a system update or who visited the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband Internet connection prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11, 2011, were automatically registered for the program and can download the 20 free games from the Nintendo eShop

Perhaps your 3DS does not meet this criteria. Buying the 3DS preowned shouldn't make you an ambassador either, it's for people who bought the 3DS before a certain date.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nintendo 3DS owners who performed a system update or who visited the Nintendo eShop using a wireless broadband Internet connection prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on Aug. 11, 2011, were automatically registered for the program and can download the 20 free games from the Nintendo eShop

Perhaps your 3DS does not meet this criteria. Buying the 3DS preowned shouldn't make you an ambassador either, it's for people who bought the 3DS before a certain date.
Not quite. If the 3DS unit TC bought has been updated or has accessed the eShop at least once before the stated cut-off, then technically it's an Ambassador 3DS. Take note, it's the 3DS that's the Ambassador, not the person..

TC, call Nintendo. Explain to them that you bought it pre-owned, but checking your 3DS for Ambassador eligibility says it is. They only need to trace your 3DS and then activate the Ambassador titles so that they appear on Your Downloads.

Remember, changing ownerships does not strip the 3DS of its Ambassador status. Heck, even system format retains Ambassadorship, or so I've heard from others.
But you'll need the Ambassador Certificate, I think.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you delete the eshop account or did a factory reset? Because of you did, you lost the ambassador status. That's what the Nintendo site says.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Not quite. If the 3DS unit TC bought has been updated or has accessed the eShop at least once before the stated cut-off, then technically it's an Ambassador 3DS. Take note, it's the 3DS that's the Ambassador, not the person..

My point was more that it should be the person that is an ambassador, not the 3DS, because the person was stupidloyal enough to buy the 3DS before the price was lowered. Buying it second hand after that date shouldn't give you an automatic entitlement. Also, wouldn't it be linked to the eShop account that was originally set up on the 3DS?

I'd like to think that, if I sold my 3DS to buy a "3DS XL", my ambassador status would follow me to my new 3DS rather than the person acquiring my old 3DS keeping it. It makes more sense that Nintendo would have thought of this too.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It's pretty obvious the guy used the transfer tool, or formatted the system before trading it in/selling it to the shop you bought it from.

SOL.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I not sure if his is correct.
Could the guy who had it first transfer his stuff to another 3ds including his gba games?

Check the e shop- tittes you downloaded

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I not sure if his is correct.
Could the guy who had it first transfer his stuff to another 3ds including his gba games?

Check the e shop- tittes you downloaded
3DS Transfer works by transferring everything.
You can't select what titles to transfer, it transfer everything to the new 3DS.
This includes your eShop account, which the games are tied to.

D

Deleted-236924

TC, call Nintendo. Explain to them that you bought it pre-owned, but checking your 3DS for Ambassador eligibility says it is. They only need to trace your 3DS and then activate the Ambassador titles so that they appear on Your Downloads.
Very bad idea, IMO.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mystery Solved.

1.Guy transfered 3DSes
2.Guy sold you old 3DS
3.You checked for ambassador
4.Nintendos checker doesnt look at system transfers or wipes just serial
5.Your system was abassador but the "system" was new thereforr no ambassador.

Techincally, you never really had ambassador so if you call Nintendo most likely they will not give you status (atleast not without proof you actually bought it pre-drop, which you would have to request from the person who you bought the 3DS from)

TL;DR
Your not getting what you didnt pay for, and if you payed extra thinking you were you got duped.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My point was more that it should be the person that is an ambassador, not the 3DS, because the person was stupidloyal enough to buy the 3DS before the price was lowered. Buying it second hand after that date shouldn't give you an automatic entitlement. Also, wouldn't it be linked to the eShop account that was originally set up on the 3DS?

I'd like to think that, if I sold my 3DS to buy a "3DS XL", my ambassador status would follow me to my new 3DS rather than the person acquiring my old 3DS keeping it. It makes more sense that Nintendo would have thought of this too.

That point is retarded, how was anyone to know that the price would drop by 70 bucks within the first year? That is certainly unprecedented for a system, especially from Nintendo. And if you wanted to get it early to play Ocarina of Time, one of the greatest games ever, in 3D, how does that make the buyer stupid? I for one, have no regrets for buying my 3DS early at its initial cost, the ambassador games, are a great deal, I love being able to play these NES and GBA games on the go again (and on a much larger screen in the case of the GBA at that).

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country

That point is retarded, how was anyone to know that the price would drop by 70 bucks within the first year? That is certainly unprecedented for a system, especially from Nintendo. And if you wanted to get it early to play Ocarina of Time, one of the greatest games ever, in 3D, how does that make the buyer stupid? I for one, have no regrets for buying my 3DS early at its initial cost, the ambassador games, are a great deal, I love being able to play these NES and GBA games on the go again (and on a much larger screen in the case of the GBA at that).

The point isn't retarded, unlike your ability to pick up on the important parts of a sentence. The point I was making is that it's logical that the person is the ambassador and not the 3DS. Nobody was supposed to know that it would drop in price so quickly, I was just kidding about the stupid part (hence the strike-through). I'm an ambassador too, and I have no regrets either – in fact, If buying a 3DS now I'd prefer to pay a higher price just to get all the ambassador games if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...