ROM Hack 3DS A9lh downgrade problem!

LuxxisLucky17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When my old 3ds was on 11.3 I downgraded using A9lh through home brew sound hax. This got me to 9.2.0 then I downgraded from there to 2.1.0 God knows how I did it.

And me being a noob and not knowing how to install a CFW even with all the guides I just updated but I didn't even know that 11.4 was out . So now I'm left with no homebrew. My 3DS is FINE except the fact that now it can't play DS games, only 3DS games it can play.

When I launch DS games on it, the screen goes black and the home menu music is still playing but at a low volume... Its been 4 months now... I'm thinking of just getting a new 3DS.

Help??

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it you didn't get the cfw on your ds then. If that's the case you either have to wait for the new bootntrhax or buy a new ds and hope it's not on 11.5
They would still need CFW/another console(DSi 1.4.4/DSLite)/Powersaves to install BootNTRHax as well as a compatible flashcard. Unless they want to wait another 4 months the best bet is to buy a new console on 11.3 or lower.

Toady231

Intellectual saviour of the masses
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They would still need CFW/another console(DSi 1.4.4/DSLite)/Powersaves to install BootNTRHax as well as a compatible flashcard. Unless they want to wait another 4 months the best bet is to buy a new console on 11.3 or lower.
Unless he buys a pre patched compatible card but that will be expensive. Best and cheapest option is to buy a second hand n3ds

Reactions: Majickhat55

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When my old 3ds was on 11.3 I downgraded using A9lh through home brew sound hax. This got me to 9.2.0 then I downgraded from there to 2.1.0 God knows how I did it.

And me being a noob and not knowing how to install a CFW even with all the guides I just updated but I didn't even know that 11.4 was out . So now I'm left with no homebrew. My 3DS is FINE except the fact that now it can't play DS games, only 3DS games it can play.

When I launch DS games on it, the screen goes black and the home menu music is still playing but at a low volume... Its been 4 months now... I'm thinking of just getting a new 3DS.

Help??
You need to restore your original NAND backup to get DS games working again I believe.
What guide did you follow? It can't have been the one and only 3ds.guide because that hasn't had downgrading for ages, and downgrading to install A9LH is an outdated method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.