Homebrew 3DS 9.5.0 Emunand - 9.2.0 Sysnand - Possible to play DS roms with Gateway?

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have both cards, when I put files on the blue card with roms and plug it into the 3ds and open it, it crashes,in gateway mode crashes, am I doing something wrong?

Does the blue card crash during boot or when you select a game? Does the 3ds give you an error message?

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway's blue card seems to be a very basic DS Slot 1 card.
Meaning it would only be accessible on Sys Firmwares before 4.6.x - 9.5.0.
This is probably due to it only being needed to install the DS profile exploit, which could only be run on firmwares 4.1.x - 4.5.x

Xaniled

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does the blue card crash during boot or when you select a game? Does the 3ds give you an error message?

During boot

Gateway's blue card seems to be a very basic DS Slot 1 card.
Meaning it would only be accessible on Sys Firmwares before 4.6.x - 9.5.0.
This is probably due to it only being needed to install the DS profile exploit, which could only be run on firmwares 4.1.x - 4.5.x

I see so I would need to downgrade in order to play then

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During boot

I see so I would need to downgrade in order to play then

If you really want to play DS games on your 3DS sure,
But only if you don't play that many recent games on your Gateway, because downgrading below 6.x.x would break most if not all of your save games, whether they're on cartridge on Red Card Micro SD.

IMHO it's more trouble than its worth, I'd much rather look into an alternative, like a 3DS DS Flashcart, or something like the Supercard DStwo. (My personal favorite Slot 1 cart).

I wouldn't be surprised if someone was working on a DS Homebrew Emulator for the 3DS, but considering 3DS homebrew is still in it's infancy, that's gonna be a while off.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have both cards, when I put files on the blue card with roms and plug it into the 3ds and open it, it crashes,in gateway mode crashes, am I doing something wrong?
Install the DS Flashcard enabler CIA on your SYSNAND and you will be able to use GW blue card.
You should:
1. Prepare a clean, formated SD without emunand.
2. Copy GW's launcher.dat into the SD.
3. Copy the DS flashcard enabler CIA to the SD. (Flashcardtimewarp)
4. Copy bigbluemenu to your GW uSD.
5. Put the SD in your 3DS.
6. Boot Gateway mode (no emunand)
7. Run bigbluemenu from your GW.
8. Install the Flashcardtimewarp CIA.
9. Profit.

Then you will be able to use Gateway blue card from SYSNAND.

Necrojinsei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight problem with the blue card. It loads up find and looks like it is going to work, but then I get the sd/tf error message even though the card I'm using is perfectly fine (as it reads well on my computer and on my gateway red card.)

I have all the required files for the blue card as I copied all the files from inside the Blue Card (R4i) folder and put them on the rood of the microSD.

Any solutions that you guys know that might work in fixing this problem? I think I'm going to try another card just to see if that will fix it.

EDIT:

Just found out they need to be different formats. So that is the reason it's not working. No need to answer this question.
Format it to Fat32 as apposed to the red card format.

Xaniled

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install the DS Flashcard enabler CIA on your SYSNAND and you will be able to use GW blue card.
You should:
1. Prepare a clean, formated SD without emunand.
2. Copy GW's launcher.dat into the SD.
3. Copy the DS flashcard enabler CIA to the SD. (Flashcardtimewarp)
4. Copy bigbluemenu to your GW uSD.
5. Put the SD in your 3DS.
6. Boot Gateway mode (no emunand)
7. Run bigbluemenu from your GW.
8. Install the Flashcardtimewarp CIA.
9. Profit.

Then you will be able to use Gateway blue card from SYSNAND.

do you know where i can get flashcardtimewarp.cia ive searched everywere

chowy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not just downgrade to 4.5 anyway, better booting method for gateway and you can use the blue card as well without the timewarp thing.
But you will have to install the exploit after playing DS games or use the internet option.

2DSGamerKid

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to thank the thread creator for bringing this subject up to light again as I was totally under the assumption that this required 4.5, but behold it does work great on the 2DS using 9.2.0-20 which cannot be downgraded to 4.5! :)

I followed this tutorial which I found on another site:
Code:
- Remove your actual SD (with emunand) and keep it somewhere. Take a new SD card, put the launcher.dat andflashcardtimewrap.cia on it) and put it in the 3DS, then boot it.
- Temporary put "BigBlueMenu.3ds" on your gateway redcard, as you won't have access to it on the homescreen if you installed it on emunand (as you won't have emunand on this new SD card).
- Launch "BigBlueMenu" from the multirom menu then install "flashcardtimewrap.cia").
- Once it's done, shutdown the 3DS and put back your original SD card (the one with emunand) and here you go.

since linking to flashcardtimewarp.cia is not allowed we can at least help people by giving this small tip: duckduckgo.com :)

Now someone can find out if it's possible to run GBA games in "gbaemu4ds alpha 2 fix4" off the blue card without getting guru meditation or is it impossible?:)

Xaniled

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks guys for all ur help, i got it working, i forgot to reformat my mini SD card again (it was already formatted before and i just deleted the files on it already and put the r4i files on)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free