3DS 6.3.0-12U system, need flashcart for ds gaming

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Smood, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Smood
    OP

Smood Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2007
    Canada
    I have this system and want a flashcart for just regular ds gaming, not 3ds.

It says this R4i gold supports 6.3.0-12U, do you think it will work? If not can you recommend another cart to me?

http://www.r4ds.ca/r4i-gold-eu-3ds

Thanks!

2. JonnyMohawk

JonnyMohawk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2012
    United States
    IronClouds likes this.
  3. DCarnage

DCarnage Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2013
    United States
    I also suggest a Supercard DSTWO. When Nintendo updated to 7.0, a patch was out within 24 hours. Their support is top notch, their plugins are also well built. I don't have any experience with R4i Gold though.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    R4 cards has multiple hardware revisions and had to update their hardware to support newer 3DS version. (dropping support for users with old cards. could happen again?). Not counting clones of clones of clones you could get and you always need to explain where you bought your R4 because there are soooo many product with the same name but different compatibilities.
    DSTwo has the exact same hardware revision since the beginning, and everything works fine. they can even play GBA and Snes games.

But it's up to you to choose between R4i Gold 3DS or SuperCard DSTwo.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

5. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Echoing what mostly everyone else has said so far, OP, get a DSTWO. Period. It's objectively* so much better than any other DS-mode flashcart, that it doesn't require any more of a post other than: OP, get a DSTWO.

/thread

* Based on the replies in this and many other similar threads, it might as well be an objective statement.

Xexyz likes this.