Hacking 3DS 4.0.0.7U firmware problem

izzzy12k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the DSTT files posted by retrogamefan, and up until this latest update by Nintendo (4.0.0.7U), it has been working fine.

Now I can't get it to work, I get the following error:
IMAG0388.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

The card is a "ZCard" (a TTDS clone from what I can tell)

Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a picture of the flash card? I'm not familiar with the Z Card. Does it have a website address printed on its front sticker, by any chance?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get one with the PCB showing. It looks like DSTTi clone possibly. It has the chip that extends past the front of the case in the same shape, and location. I have a DSTTi clone right here, if you give a nice shot of the PCB I could tell you how it measures up. By the way, that label/sticker looks home-made. I don't think it's the original sticker. I also Googled that name, Zcard, and it came up with nothing. So, give us a PCB shot huh? :)

If it is the DSTTi clone that I think it is, then it can only work on a 3DS 2.1.0.4 and lower and DSi v1.43 and lower.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it can be opened without breaking it. slide your fingernail around the edge. Ok, quick lesson, RetroGameFan is a kernel, not a firmware. It decrypts games. It has nothing to do with breaking/making the flash card compatible with Nintendo firmware. The fact that it runs on v3.0.0.6 firmware tells me its not a DSTTi clone (as in the actual DSTTi), it could still be a clone of the hardware, or even the interface. Might be the www.n3dstt.com card.....or maybe the www.r4isdhc.com white dualcore card....

D

Deleted User

You do understand that the flashcard needs to be updated before any firmware right?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found someone else with a zcard... but their's looks different.
http://gbatemp.net/t...w-about-z-card/

Where can i get the "official TTDS firmware" to see if it will update mine?
That's the thing I already told you. It only is compatible with 3DS firmware no higher than v2.1.0.4 and DSi v1.43. Nice find on that older thread, by the way. Maybe that is what your card is a U2DS card. This is seriously baffling....

izzzy12k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have one 3DS that's still on 3.0.0.6, so if I can find the right match...

I can update on the older firmware 3ds and test on the recently updated done.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like you might want to get a DSTwo. In addition to advanced features like an in game text reader with multiple file support and save states it is the only cart that can be updated even after updating your 3DS/DSi (you rename dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and leave it at the "error has occurred" screen for 10 minutes).

izzzy12k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where I can get the latest version of "Dstt Flash Checker"?

NVM.. found link in faq :)

::RE-EDIT::
Ran the Dstt Flash checker, and got the "this card isn't DSTT" msg... So back to square one :(

Anyone got any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended