3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal hax versions load the payload from the root. but the CIA version works differently. it tries to auto-download payloads, and places them in the hblauncherloader folder.

but if one doesn't exist, it should be reprogrammed to fetch the 11.2 payload, because if you can run the cia, you are on CFW, and the 11.2 payload should work.

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i am so lost ??

also you say to rename the paylaod bin to 11.2 but when installing that payload in the steps you supposed to rename it to otherapp.bin so what do you mean rename it (do you mean you download 11.2?)

and the otherapp.bin goes on root ? or no ?

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for CIA version the payload must be renamed to OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin, assuming you have an o3ds with USA region. and it must be placed in the hblauncherloader folder. Root is for soundhax,oot3dhax, and many other hax.

brenoppr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i am so lost ??

also you say to rename the paylaod bin to 11.2 but when installing that payload in the steps you supposed to rename it to otherapp.bin so what do you mean rename it (do you mean you download 11.2?)

If you have the hblauncher cia installed you should have a hblauncherloader folder on the root of your sd card. Then, you should download the otherapp payload and rename it to OLD-11-4-0-37-USA.bin and put it on that folder.

drsalvador555

Japanese Game Translation Editor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am so lost ??

Simplified.
If you use Ninjhax or something else to enter Homebrew - Place the otherapp.bin on the root.
If you use Homebrew Launcher CIA file, you need to have the file in the hblauncherloader folder.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if we have A9LH+Luma we just run LumaUpdater's latest hourly build and then we can update to 11.4? Even O3DSXL is fixed?

Or are we still waiting on O3DSXL?

NTR Selector okay yet?

Just would like to know before I do anything... still sitting on 11.3+A9LH+Luma.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so if we have A9LH+Luma we just run LumaUpdater's latest hourly build and then we can update to 11.4? Even O3DSXL is fixed?

Or are we still waiting on O3DSXL?

NTR Selector okay yet?

Just would like to know before I do anything... still sitting on 11.3+A9LH+Luma.
You just need to rename 11.2 otherapp.bin to 11.4 to make it work with O3DS. NTR streaming is broken. Other than that, I think everything else works.

Reactions: Osmosis

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need to rename 11.2 otherapp.bin to 11.4 to make it work with O3DS. NTR streaming is broken. Other than that, I think everything else works.
Here's to hoping they'll fix the Streaming. Think they'll be able to do it quickly/at all? I don't know how it broke so...help?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So really dumb question...

Is there a tutorial? Do we use LumaUpdater? Then change file?

Or worse... ID10T error posts on repeat like me asking how... so...

Tutorial anyone?

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thing I got a old firm to fall back on if no one knows about this.:glare:
I'll try an hourly Luma build before getting too bothered.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Newest Luma hourly build didn't help.Someone fix this :whip:
Dumb question, but are you sure you updated NTR Selector? You do it by holding X as you launch NTR Selector.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So really dumb question...

Is there a tutorial? Do we use LumaUpdater? Then change file?

Or worse... ID10T error posts on repeat like me asking how... so...

Tutorial anyone?
LumaUpdater might be broken. It hasn't been updated since last August. Also since Luma3DS merged dev and regular builds, I think it's just confusing to noobs.

Here's a quick tutorial of sorts. This is for a9lh people.
It's helpful if you have some homebrew on your 2/3DS installed as CIA.
FTPD to connect to your PC without taking out your SD card. You'll need an FTP client on your PC.
You can have CTRXplorer to move stuff around, but now FBI will do. (Or GodMode9)

Usually there are several things you need/should/would like to update when a new Nintendo update drops.
Luma3DS (Luma3DS Nightly)
NTR CFW (ntr.bin) /BootNTR
Homebrew Launcher CIA, Homebrew Starter Pack, and the otherapp.bin (aka NEW/OLD-firmware-region.bin).
It's probably a good idea to update your payloads such as GodMode9 if you don't update them regularly. This also applies to other homebrew you might use.

Make a backup. Use Hourglass9, Decrypt9, or GodMode9. You can find the latest build of the deprecated ones here. Boot into your payload by pressing whatever button. If you followed the Guide and haven't updated you payloads and or Luma3DS in a while, it should be start for Hourglass9, X for Decrypt9. Newer people, it's start for a menu if you're on Luma3DS nightlies or GodMode9 if you did the Guide recently. GodMode9 has replaced Hourglass9/Decrypt9, but people might find it easier to use H9/D9. Probably more used to it.

You can take the SD card out or connect your 3DS to PC via FTP.
arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma3DS goes to root of your SD card. (Also update your CTRNAND copy. You can use GodMode9 or FBI.)
otherapp.bin goes to root of your SD card. It also goes into your hblauncherloader folder on your SD card. The name format is NEW/OLD-firmware-region.bin. For N3DS on 11.4.0-37U would be NEW-11-4-0-37-USA.bin. Right now for O3DS, just get 11.2.0-35 otherapp.bin and name it OLD-11-4-0-37-USA/JPN/EUR.bin if you don't have a OLD-11-2-0-35-WHATEVER.bin already. N3DS needs the new otherapp.bin from the site. (I believe you can also have it download the latest payload automatically by pressing X as you start it or it does so automatically when it starts. Not sure how that would work with O3DS on 11.4.)
New payloads go into /luma/payloads/ on CTRNAND it's /rw/luma/payloads/ if you want to have them on your CTRNAND as well.
Copy any CIAs you need to update to your SD card like NTR Selector to a folder. Just have only CIAs you want to install. That way you can just tell FBI to install and delete all.

If you did FTP, install all the CIA, reboot to config Luma3DS, then update. (You can troubleshoot/restore backup if things get broken.)
If you took your SD card out, start 2DS/3DS, config Luma3DS, then install CIA.(You can troubleshoot/restore backup if things get broken.)

I think that covers it.

drsalvador555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use NTR Selector just 2 separate cias for BootNTR and Mode3
Well I have no idea then. I use Selector, and holding X at launch seemed to fix any problems before they happened. I always update things right away as far as NTR and Luma go. I don't mind using Hourly builds of Luma so that's that. As for why NTR is not working I have NO idea, that's weird. I hate to say it, but I'd suggest using NTR Selector and see if that fixes it. Maybe the CIAs got broken?

Soulsilve2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have no idea then. I use Selector, and holding X at launch seemed to fix any problems before they happened. I always update things right away as far as NTR and Luma go. I don't mind using Hourly builds of Luma so that's that. As for why NTR is not working I have NO idea, that's weird. I hate to say it, but I'd suggest using NTR Selector and see if that fixes it. Maybe the CIAs got broken?
BootNTR Selector seems to work fine,thanks for recommending it.:grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China