• Total voters

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(sorry if in wrong section didnt know where to put it)

Has anybody noticed 3ds 11.3 firmware crashed all the time? Recording a video? Froze and black screen. Watching youtube (the thing i do on it EVERYDAY)? "An error has occured"

Also after it crashed the system wont boot again. Sometimes holding the recovery keys boots it up or waiting 10 minutes works but for like 5mins of use its not worth it

Anybody else getting the same issue?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
(sorry if in wrong section didnt know where to put it)

Has anybody noticed 3ds 11.3 firmware crashed all the time? Recording a video? Froze and black screen. Watching youtube (the thing i do on it EVERYDAY)? "An error has occured"

Also after it crashed the system wont boot again. Sometimes holding the recovery keys boots it up or waiting 10 minutes works but for like 5mins of use its not worth it

Anybody else getting the same issue?
Are you using CFW?

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe, when i updated nothing happened apart from the update. Now it just crashed all the time. Like sometimes just pressing a button at a certain time can crash it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try disabling wireless communication and see if it crashes
ok

just to mention, it froze on boot when i was gonna test that

still crashed with little effort

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
maybe, when i updated nothing happened apart from the update. Now it just crashed all the time. Like sometimes just pressing a button at a certain time can crash it

ok

just to mention, it froze on boot when i was gonna test that

still crashed with little effort
Did you turn the 3ds on, disabled wireless communication, turn off and turn on again?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That definitely sounds like a hardware problem as you're not using a CFW (so that's 1 potential issue ticked off).

I'm guessing the lights don't turn on after it crashes? (or does it turn on momentarily and then switch off immediately after?)

Shyguylover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the Same problem. But it isnt just on 11.3. I currently have CFW, but before i had that still happend to me. My 3ds reboots fine after the error.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Either a hardware problem or you have some title that's probably corrupted.
Regardless try doing a factory reset if nothing fixes it.

I have Luma with 11.3 and its running smoother than never.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember back in 2012, before going to Florida on vacation, I ruined my original 3DS by foolishly cleaning a DS cartridge (WarioWare: Touched!) with water and it damaged the 3DS to where I would come up "An error has occurred." After being powered on for like 10-15 seconds. Oddly enough, DSi mode wasn't affected, so I could Play DS, DSiWare, and the GBA ambassador games, just not 3DS, VC, and eShop games.

This kinda ruined my vacation because I didn't get the 3DS replacement, until I returned home but all of my data was okay, until about a few years later when using a new SD card formatted my existing data from my old one since I had no idea that new SD cards are formatted on the 3DS and I had to re-download EVERYTHING and lost all of my saved VC, eShop, and digital eShop 3DS retail data. My DSiWare saves were spared, though.

Last edited by 03bgood,

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That definitely sounds like a hardware problem as you're not using a CFW (so that's 1 potential issue ticked off).

I'm guessing the lights don't turn on after it crashes? (or does it turn on momentarily and then switch off immediately after?)
blue light only, no wireless (or red if low on charge)

i find funny, a non hacked 3ds breaks yet a cfw 3ds i own is perfectly fine

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

timelapse of 2 crashes occuring within about 2 mins
wouldnt turn on during my first boot attempt if you watch carfully (no wireless light)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

timelapse of 2 crashes occuring within about 2 mins
wouldnt turn on during my first boot attempt if you watch carfully (no wireless light)

That's way too fast to tell what's going on :P
All I got from that was that you were messing around with an Amiibo.
I remember back in 2012, before going to Florida on vacation, I ruined my original 3DS by foolishly cleaning a DS cartridge (WarioWare: Touched!) with water and it damaged the 3DS to where I would come up "An error has occurred." After being powered on for like 10-15 seconds. Oddly enough, DSi mode wasn't affected, so I could Play DS, DSiWare, and the GBA ambassador games, just not 3DS, VC, and eShop games.

This kinda ruined my vacation because I didn't get the 3DS replacement, until I returned home but all of my data was okay, until about a few years later when using a new SD card formatted my existing data from my old one since I had no idea that new SD cards are formatted on the 3DS and I had to re-download EVERYTHING and lost all of my saved VC, eShop, and digital eShop 3DS retail data. My DSiWare saves were spared, though.
Using another SD card shouldn't do anything to the data on the original SD card. The 3DS supports multiple SD cards just fine, the only problem is the arrangement of folders and icons on the homescreen, but now that you can save homescreen layouts that's not much of an issue anymore.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's way too fast to tell what's going on :P
All I got from that was that you were messing around with an Amiibo.

Using another SD card shouldn't do anything to the data on the original SD card. The 3DS supports multiple SD cards just fine, the only problem is the arrangement of folders and icons on the homescreen, but now that you can save homescreen layouts that's not much of an issue anymore.
it wasnt intended to be a timelapse, i switched to it by accident. ill record again in a bit

watch at 0.25 speed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: