Gaming 3DS 11.3.0-36 out now

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For those who wish to update but are afraid, either wait for confirmations that it works fine.
Backup with Hourglass9 and update, if it breaks whatever CFW you use, restore your backup.
Hardmod always win, if you got hardmod and a recent backup, just knock yourself out.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 11.3 update even offer anything new to the hardware itself? (besides blocking Homebrew?)
You should be able to still play online even on a lower FW, and use features by using cttp (something, forgot what it was called.)

I just don't understand why everyone goes crazy over the newer FW's besides figuring out new exploits that were patched/not patched, or making new ones.

Last edited by petethepug,
Reactions: Illusque

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 11.3 update even offer anything new to the hardware itself? (besides blocking Homebrew?)
You should be able to still play online even on a lower FW, and use features by using cttp (something, forgot what it was called.)

I just don't understand why everyone goes crazy over the newer FW's besides figuring out new exploits that were patched/not patche, or making new ones.
It's ctr httpwn
When is the last time Nintendo added a proper feature to the 3DS? Last I remember is folders and themes.
The last update that added anything was in early 2015
Main changes for version 9.6.0-24U

Update released: March 23rd, 2015

• A Home Menu Layout setting has been added to HOME Menu Settings. Users can save and load up to 8 layouts of the HOME Menu with different theme and software icon arrangements
  • Additional categories have been added to the Theme Shop under “View More” for easier navigation
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS Systems Only:
  • amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo*
    *This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015

Reactions: Slattz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."