Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi,

So I ran 3DMark Vantage on my new system.
i7 920 overclocked to 3.2GHz, and XFX 5770 GPU

So, I got the score in the attachement. The problem is I dont know whats good and whats bad.

So I guess my question is, is this good?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 284

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Those guys have probably pumped their i7's to 4.0ghz and clocked their 5770's. from what i understand, 5770's actually o/c quite well. i see quite a few people asking for programs that clock further than ati overdrive.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What seems is that your graphics card is not that fast the cpu score is on par with the 920.

Check what drivers you have for your card. If you do a driver install make sure you remove the drivers from the control panel option. before installing new drivers.

Btw 3dmartk vantage can give pretty weird scores in some cases. Some people stick a Nvidia card in their system just to ramp up their score for this benchmark (next to the ATI card).

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
Those guys have probably pumped their i7's to 4.0ghz and clocked their 5770's. from what i understand, 5770's actually o/c quite well. i see quite a few people asking for programs that clock further than ati overdrive.

An overclock that gets you from 9460 to 15815 would be neat , post link please
smile.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks for the reply guys,
errr.. but what does that mean? any settings I can adjust on my end? is it defective in any way?

Currently I see this in catalyst control center, all settings are auto (attachment)

Posts merged

@Athlon-pv: I have the latest drivers installed .. Catalyst 10.2

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 255

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Athlon-pv said:
.Radiant said:

smile.gif

From a 3.2 i7 to 4.0 i7? i've seen quite a few people break the 1ghz core on a 5770 as well.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you are in s creen shot posting mood , download gpu-Z from techpowerup.com and check if there is anything weird regarding your mainboard/pci-e settings used.

Did you by any change have had a Nvidia card in your system before you got the 5770 ?

Posts merged

.Radiant said:
Athlon-pv said:
.Radiant said:

smile.gif

From a 3.2 i7 to 4.0 i7? i've seen quite a few people break the 1ghz core on a 5770 as well.

Were talking graphics here
smile.gif
maybe it is a bit early for you
smile.gif

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah didn't see the individual scores on rydian's link.

its possible ati's powerplay is on, goes into 2d mode and lowers core and mem clocks of your card to save power. try a reboot and running it again. happens to me from time to time when i switch games.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Athlon-pv: No I never had nvidia, its a new system, I had catalyst 10.1 installed, uninstalled it and installed 10.2

I dont know what would constitute as "weird", but in any case.. its in the attachement

Thanks again

Posts merged

@.Radiant: just rebooted, I'll try it again now

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 269

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe change some settings in catalyst control center, make everything run on performance and disable catalyst AI. If there is a powersaving mode disable it.

And check some reviews of your card. If you have nearly identical scores on certain games which are gfx based that would be a good indication that everything is fine it is just 3dmarks vantage that is wrong.

If that is the case and you really really need to have huge 3dmark vantage score you can allways format and reinstall and try again
smile.gif

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just tried to adjust some settings and I got bsod lol..

I think I'll just keep it as it is, I'm planning on getting a fermi anyways this card is just temporary.
I checked a few reviews and I *think* the average is around 95xx for GPU, so I guess I'm where I'm supposed to be..

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well to be honest all i've got for fermi is pure "expectations" .. I tend to favor nvidia over ati (mainly because of the so called bad driver support)..

but yeah nvidia tends to boast alot as well.. so I donno..

I was aiming for a 5970, but hesitated at the last second and decided to hold off..

Eh well anyways this card will do for a while, I'm running Furmark on it know to heat it up, 40 minutes with 85c stable and gpu fan running automatically at 53% .. not bad I think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol