Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
squirrelman10 said:
you guys think they will start distributing VC on the 3D and making them 3D compatible and cleaned up graphics?
No. Virtual console is done via emulation, and AFAIK you can't add the 3D effect into emulation. You'd need to modify the source of the game to add that stuff in, and if you have the original source and are adding features you might as well just remake the game for the 3DS (as they're doing with OOT).

I don't doubt there could be a virtual console, but I doubt some games will be released (ones that have a 3DS remake, in order to keep people buying the 3DS remake instead of the cheaper VC one) and I really doubt they'll have 3D effects.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to see Wario Land VB remade on the 3DS, or if not that, an emulated version of it ala virtual console.

Also, I've heard rumors that digital distribution might be an option for games, like how PSN has a bunch of full PSP games on it. I have no idea how true this is though.

Patcheresu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
vgfantasy.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
I honestly just came out of a heated arguement about the 3DS where my opponent stated that 3D versions of old school games would suck. I just told him that 3D stands for three dimensional. So many third parties like the processor and to be honest, it is a pain in the butt to get nintendo points.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
TM2-Megatron said:
This article supports the idea that their could be a 3-D "virtual console" type idea:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098405p1.html

Not emulated, of course, but still relatively cheap downloadable 3-D versions of the old classics.
That sounds most plausible to me. Nintendo makes a Virtual Console for the 3DS, puts some 3D updated classic games on it for people to buy and download, ???, profit! All because you can easily turn off the 3D effect with the slider, so the haters can still play their games in 2D (although that would make me wonder why they bought a 3DS in the first place
wink.gif
)!

EDIT: Damn typos!
mad.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Overlord Nadrian said:
That sounds most plausible to me. Nintendo makes a VS for the 3DS, puts some 3D updated classic games on it for people to buy and download, ???, profit! All because you can easily turn off the 3D effect with the slider, so the haters can still play their games in 2D (although that would make me wonder why they bought a 3DS in the first place
wink.gif
)!

Well, SMB hasn't had a proper handheld port since Super Mario Bros. DX, which isn't playable on the DS. The GBA NES Classic version of SMB was a joke. I'd buy a 3DS to be able to play it again, without having to carry around a GBASP (as I'd want to play it on a backlit system).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: A PS3 pkg i downloaded